• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Brock Lesnar

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Brock Lesnar, the company's biggest champion, has not appeared on WWE television in two months and apparently will not be doing so for at least another month.

What are your thoughts on this? At first I was fine with this because Brock is a big attraction and he always puts on a show while in the ring, however, I'm slightly getting annoyed right now. Hulk Hogan just called from 1987 and told him to pick up his work rate, brother.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
At first I was glad to see Brock back in 2012 but I have truly soured on him the last year. I hated how he was the one that ended Taker's streak at WrestleMania 30 where he & Vince killed the mistque of WrestleMania. To me when I look at WrestleMania I thought of it as The Streak but now it is just another PPV. When it comes to him not showing much it isn't good. This isn't 30 years ago when Hogan didn't show up every week on Superstars, Maple Leaf Wrestling, & other shows cause it didn't rely on ratings or revenue that Raw needs now. Also Hogan was a special attraction & would show up more than Lensar does now.

This has hurt Raw big time overalll. Show is awful & it needs its champ to show up every week. Sooner they get Title off Lensar the better so Lensar can go back to UFC & get his ass kicked for real. Lensar doesn't care at all.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
In the end, Vince is responsible for that. He's the one allowing this to happen. He's enabling Brock to keep acting that way. Like @Babe_Ruth said, while Hogan rarealy appeared on TV in his heyday as WWF Champion, he was always working the live events on a regular basis.

It's OK to treat a top draw as a special attraction. What is not OK is disrespecting the fans the way WWE did for the past 6 years. The Universal Championship, for me, isn't worth anything since Brock won it. It meant something when Kevin Owens won it after Finn Balor had to vacate it. It could've meant something with Finn but he never got the chance to do so because of his injury. For Goldberg, with all due respect, the Universal title was merely used as a prop to set up the 3rd match with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 33. Now, AJ Styles' WWE title reign REALLY means something. And if he goes over a year as champion, and even if he loses it prior to reaching the 1-year mark, it's already infinitely more meaningful than Brock Lesnar's current reign.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
In the end, Vince is responsible for that. He's the one allowing this to happen. He's enabling Brock to keep acting that way. Like @Babe_Ruth said, while Hogan rarealy appeared on TV in his heyday as WWF Champion, he was always working the live events on a regular basis.

It's OK to treat a top draw as a special attraction. What is not OK is disrespecting the fans the way WWE did for the past 6 years. The Universal Championship, for me, isn't worth anything since Brock won it. It meant something when Kevin Owens won it after Finn Balor had to vacate it. It could've meant something with Finn but he never got the chance to do so because of his injury. For Goldberg, with all due respect, the Universal title was merely used as a prop to set up the 3rd match with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 33. Now, AJ Styles' WWE title reign REALLY means something. And if he goes over a year as champion, and even if he loses it prior to reaching the 1-year mark, it's already infinitely more meaningful than Brock Lesnar's current reign.
That I remember about 80's that though Hogan didn't show up every week on TV Hogan would wrestle on a lot of house shows. To who is to blane about Lensar the blame is on Vince. He is allowing Lensar to call the shots.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Saw the short video of Lensar cutting that promo at UFC 226 last night. In that short time Lensar showed more passion than what we see in a scripted WWE Promo. We need more of this in the WWE minus the swearing. As for Lensar looks like he will fight Daniel Cormier next. I think Lensar will get his ass kicked

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know how many times I heard Steve Austin say in his podcast or in interviews that overscripting talents is the worst thing they could do because it takes away the opportunity for talents to use trial and error and know their boundaries as performers. Bullet points should be the way to go.

I remember when I assisted in creative for my local indy many years ago, we used entirely scripted promos (not my call) and unless twrestlers were really gifted on the mic, the flow was definitely lacking.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
It is so night & day when it comes to promos now & promos back in Attitude Era. Now promos sound so forced & phony that it is very hard to get behind a superstar. That could be one reason why many lack in promos as they can't be themselves. In that short clip Lensar was himself. Imagine if Lensar was allowed to be himself in WWE when it comes to promos. He would be a serious badass.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fuck Brock Lesnar. Go fight in UFC, stop stealing the WWE's money.

This is on Vince though. They've killed the worth of the Universal Title.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like Lesnar will be fighting DC in January. When does he lose the title? Who does he lose it to? Who do you want to win it?