TV "Britain's Got Talent" surprise

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by ysabel, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wonder if any of our UK members saw or heard about her.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Talent show singer is online hit

At the start of the video, no one took her seriously. They were mocking her. :haha: She stood there looking like the next candidate for youtube Fail blog channel.

But Susan Boyle, a 47 year old woman, stunned everyone in the show. I was surprised myself. She has become an unlikely overnight singing sensation with millions watching her perform online.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April

Embed is not available so you have to watch it in youtube (click on the video title). Only by watching it would you appreciate the impact of her fantastic performance. :nod: Btw, she sang "I dreamed a dream" from Les Miserables musicale.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I read about this performance this morning, but haven't seen the video till just now, and let me tell you that she surprised the hell out of me. It seems like a performance you only see in movies. She has a tremoundous voice, and she's probably going to go far. If she doesn't I'm sure an agent will contact her. She is also very unique in my opinion.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

She's got a great voice. She just needs to sort her hair and eyebrows out is all. She is 47 after all.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah, she doesn't have the "look". I was suprised at how young her voice sounded. It's fresh sounding and when I close my eyes, it could have been a 20yo singing. The thing with talent shows, sometimes talent isn't enough. You need to have the entire package they can market.

5. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

My mum told me about it but that's the first time i've seen it; she's awesome but she'll be forgotten when something better comes along.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My brother just showed me the video a few minutes ago and when she sang, I was like are you serious?! I thought for sure she was lip syncing but my brother said the wasn't. When she said she wanted to be a professional singer, the expressions on those peoples faces was like is she for real? Now those people wish they didn't make those faces because this lady can sing. A real nice voice indeed! As they say, never judge a book by its cover.

ysabel likes this.
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

It's what I thought too. Millions of people have seen that video and while she is popular for it, those people in the audience who got a close up are also famous now having swiftly judged that woman wrongly (and I know it's mostly based on her appearance).

Dragon likes this.
  8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Paul Potts won it. He was no oil painting and he then went on to sell a couple of million albums.

YouTube - Paul Potts Britain's Got Talent

Thing is with "Britians Got Talent" is it is about the talent. It is a variety contest unlike Pop Idol or most other shows where you have to have the complete pack. This lady does not ned to have the complete package she just needs the talent, and when it comes to singing she has talent.

Scrub her up a little, give her some professional vocal training and she will sell a few million albums too.

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I saw this yesterday. She definitely comes off like one of the crazies that is going to fail hard (the pelvic gyrations and whatnot when she says she's 47) and everyone is ready for a train wreck. Then she starts singing and blows everyones minds all over that theatre. It really was an amazing performance. At the very least she should be able to manage a career in musical theatre after this. She obviously has the voice for it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Well thank goodness. It's just tha I saw Simon and I've associated him with all those Idol tv shows.

Yes. And in case she's not into theatre but more really on vocals, there are still lots of things she can look into going with that voice.