Bring back Pro2a

Hiei

The Hierophant
Whether you liked him or hated him, he added flavor to this site. I say he needs to come back. He's being a stubborn ass and won't come back.

What do you guys think?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yes, I think he should come back. I enjoyed reading his posts. And if I ever have a gun question, who else am I meant to ask?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats entirely up to him to come back. I like to think of myself as a good e-friend of his and from what I know of Pro... he just needs some time off. He needed it in the past and he could use it now.

The rules in MD haven't changed, its the perception. The fact that the MD rules were simply updated and concised (at the time there were 3 different versions of the MD Rules and all the staff did was concise them down to 1 version instead). That plus the fact that Smel (a new mod) tossed Pro a warning for the same rules that were enforced in the past are what gave Pro the excuse to leave.

It was finally Bex who sent him a PM (non-infraction related) about a wildly off-topic argument with Chaos that Pro finally flipped his lid.

The thing is, this perception that suddenly MD is more strict is a fallacy. We could tomorrow just erase that "MD Official Rules" thread and just keep going about modding it as we have and members would suddenly think its less regulated. The other funny one is "the new rules have killed MD debate". yet another Fallacy... how about the fact that "the other side" of the debate staged a coup and left the site? :hah: kinda hard to commence debating when all you have is one side of the debate (so obviously MD will take an evident hit in activity).

The fact of the matter is, MD Rules have not changed. They are not enforced any harder than they were in the past. Take this for example, Echoes infracted Pro 5 times between September of 2008 to January 2009. Swiftstrike, Turbo, and Sui all infracted Pro totaling 4 more infractions & warnings prior to May of 2009. The only other mod action given to Pro after the alleged "rule change" was a warning from Smelnick.

So seriously... like I said, I like Pro alot... but I strongly disagree with MD being more strict or different than it was months ago.

However! I have proposed some new MD Concepts that the rest of the staff is negotiating and tweaking ATM. I hope they go through, 'cause somethign like that would definitely peak the interest of members like Pro & MIT who prefer to have the "thick Skinned" debates.

~~~~~

on another note. Pro is without a doubt what I would consider a very important member and I do in fact want him back. I didnt ever see him as problematic. He brought site attendance and he brought lively debate. I mean the stats say it all....

521 threads (9th overall)......9979 footprints (4th overall)

you cant say he doesnt stir discussion ;)

That and I want him back 'cause like I said, I definitely consider him a damn good E-Friend.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't think it's moderated any differently either, I don't think anything Smel did "killed" MD, I agree with Ice, many on one of the political spectrum left (so much for enjoying debate):lol:

I hope Pro comes back also, he's a hell of a contributor to this site and I like the guy.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
If he wants to come back, he can do so. He wasn't banned. :tic: The rules shouldn't change because someone disagree's with it. Hell if they did there'd be no taxes, no governments, nothing. The rules of MD are there for a reason, and as much as I think Pro should come back, because he's a valuable member and throws some good arguments out at times - he can't just stamp his foot and expect them to change. I want him back but not at the cost of the rules. Otherwise any Tom Dick or Harry who throws a hissy fit will get things their way.

Other than that, Pro should get the fuck back in here; I may not agree with him on everything but he's a cool guy, and besides, I have no-one to best in gun-debates without him...;) :lol: