• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Brightest long-term future out of the NXT(2) four?

Best Future?

• Total voters

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So there are now 4 members of the NXT Season 2 roster active in the WWE. We've got Alex Riley backing up the WWE champion The Miz. We've got Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris tearing it up in the Nexus. Finally, we've got the Season 2 winner, Kaval, with his sights on Dolph Ziggler's Intercontinental Championship.

Looking into the future, who do you think out of the four has the biggest amount of long-term promise? Who, in the next handful of years, has the best chance to be a part of the main-event scene in the WWE and even a WWE/World Heavyweight Champion?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have to go with Kaval, he has proven that he can have good matches with Ziggler, and has already had a match on a PPV, this guy will be good just needs to keep up the good work

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For me it's Michael McGillicutty I know you might believe I'm bias since I was a huge Mr. Perfect, but I see a lot of Curt in his son, and I believe as soon as he leaves Nexus and gets his singles push he'll be a star in the WWE. Nothing against the others, because I do believe that all of them will have good careers in the WWE.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I may be in the extreme minority for this, but I think that Alex Riley has the brightest future. Putting him as Miz's lackey is a great move on the E's part and he is the best performer mic-wise. Give him time to grow in the ring and he could be a big star. Just drop the "Varsity Villain" gimmick...

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm going McGillicutty at this point; I think that him and A-Ry both have huge futures, but looking at them in the last several months I think that Michael has an advantage in the ring. Both are good on the charisma front (maybe Riley slightly getting the edge on that), but McGillicutty has enough and with enough and better wrestling skills you'll probably go further in the business. It was a tough call though, and personally I'd hope Kaval gets the shot to go far.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Kaval has a future in the bigs, but I doubt WWE will keep him too far into the future. He always fit in more with TNA.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I picked Alex Riley because he's actually being pushed right now and the others really aren't. I think Kaval and Hennig have the most talent but we'll see how they are used.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I picked Alex Riley because he's actually being pushed right now and the others really aren't. I think Kaval and Hennig have the most talent but we'll see how they are used.
What would be pretty interesting is if they had Riley turn face. He would honestly be the face equivalent of The Miz.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What would be pretty interesting is if they had Riley turn face. He would honestly be the face equivalent of The Miz.
I don't see that happening for a loooong time, if ever.

Riley's appeal is his status as a heel. He's great at being the asshole in the ring.

And if we were looking at strictly today I'd probably change to him; but looking towards the future, I still think McGillicutty is going to shine.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
And if we were looking at strictly today I'd probably change to him; but looking towards the future, I still think McGillicutty is going to shine.
I can't see how. He just doesn't come across as main event type to me...