• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Briere traded to Colorado for Parenteau

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@NHLonTSN: Trade Details: Canadiens acquire P.A. Parenteau and a 5th round pick in 2015 from Colorado, for Daniel Briere. #TSN #NHL #FAF
Like this trade for the Habs. Patenteau is younger and I believe he'll excel in Montreal.

Thanks for a good one year, Briere.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't know why Colorado would do this deal? I thought it was Patty Roy/Joe Sakic wanting some veteran leadership on their team and than I hear that Colorado initially wanted Bourque in this deal...weird! Anyways, I don't love this deal but I don't hate it. I always thought Parenteau was a tad overrated but he does bring size and scoring punch to montreal.

Looks like they might reunite Parenteau & Desharnais on a line in Montreal. I think they played on the same line when they played junior in Chicoutimi.