Movies Brian's Song

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know we've talked about this movie in other threads like "Favorite Sports Movies" or "Emotial scenes" but we haven't really had a topic of it's own.

I saw the remake on Saturday. I've seen it before but I haven't watched it since the year it came out (2001) so I forgot most of it. I forgot how great this movie is, definitely one of my favorite sports movies I've ever seen. Even if you don't like sports I believe you can enjoy this movie. It's about two teammates that don't get along at first, but an injury brings them closer. I'll just leave it at that.

It's very emotional at the end, I am not going to lie, I cried a lot(don't mock me, I got it from my mom :lol:)

Unfortunately I haven't seen the original one, but I'm going to do my best to try and find it somewhere.

Thoughts?

Rebeccaaa likes this.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I cried as well. Great movie. Thanks for posting this thread, reminded me that I need to rent/buy this and watch it again.

3. Babe_Ruth

Which one did you see? The new version or the original from 1971?

Brian was unlucky though, I know a lot of Cancer patients go through what he went through, but man they remove the tumor, then they removed his lung and pectoral muscle, then it spread into his liver.

It's funny how two teammates that couldn't stand each other when they first met became best friends. It's weird how it works sometimes.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

The remake. I really enjoy Mekhi Phifer. I'll definitely need to see the original though.

5. Babe_Ruth

Phifer did a fantastic job, especially during the emotional scene. He portrayed Gale Sayers really well. I have to give props to the actor who portrayed Brian Piccolo did an amazing job too.

What got me the most emotional is when you think he's alright, but then a he gets news that it spread somewhere else. He couldn't catch a break.

I haven't seen the original yet either, I can't find it anywhere. I might have to buy it online or something. I imagine it's even better since it was filmed a year after he died.