Brian Dawkins to Denver?!?!

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
The San Francisco Chronicle cites "a league source" reporting that Brian Dawkins has agreed to a two-year contract with the Broncos.

Philly was considered a near lock to retain Dawkins on a one-year deal, but he's set to quarterback the Broncos defense in a Rodney Harrison-type role. Dawkins showed last season that he has plenty left in tank and will help the Broncos defense get back to respectability while in rebuilding mode.
This is unbelievable...

Eagle fans, I'm sorry. Wow.

BigBob

Registered Member
I looked around for something and all they said was 'Dawkins made a visit'. They are also looking into grabbing Ray Lewis also I guess.

If that's true then the Eagles might be very screwed come next season. Dawkins is their key player on secondary and leader and couple that with trading Lito Sheppard and that's two defensive players gone.

This trading is making these teams unrecognizable now.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw that yesterday as well, and I was really surprised. If this happens to be true, which I believe it is, it's going to be a huge lost for the Eagles. Dawkins is the leader on that defence, and he plays at 100% everytime he steps onto that field. He will be missed.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
Nothing not to have be expected from these penny pinchers. And the list goes on:
Duce Staley
Troy Vincent
REGGIE WHITE under the previous management.

I'll say this, Dawkins left everything he had out on the field every snap. As much as I'd love to see him retire an eagle they just don't do that. There thing is to dump a guy a year early vs a year late, and so far the strategy has yet to pay off so whatever. I'm happy Dawkins got some extra money for himself and his family, the same way I will feel for Donovan if it comes to that there.

What annoys me the most here is that in the meantime all they have done is signed an OL. Yeah it was a need, but with Runyan and Thomas being FA and not getting any younger EVERYONE knew they had to make a move at OL.

WR anyone?
Buckhalter is gone now too.
And they let go of a back up safety so now depth at that position is a concern as well. I know FA just started but they better do something. Draft will not fix all of the holes.

BigBob

Registered Member
I have faith in DeSean Jackson taking over as one of the stars on offense.

I think the defense is just going to be atrocious this year.