• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Brett Favre unable to start vs. Giants

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Brett Favre's consecutive starts streak ends at 297 - ESPN

Well the streak ends at 297. Brett Favre will be unactive for tonights game against the Giants. I can't stand Favre, but I have to give him props for this incredible streak. Playing 297 straight games at the Quarterback and taking a pounding on almost every plays and not missing one game is simply incredible. I doubt the streak will ever be broken.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't think anyone will be shocked by this news. Favre really wanted his streak to go to 300. It very well may be the reason he hasn't been benched yet.

At least we know he'll be retired soon.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm glad it's over. One less reason we have to talk about Favre. Manning is the only one with a shot at breaking the record... and I hope he does.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Manning is the only one with a shot at breaking the record... and I hope he does.
I'm with you on that. Manning is by far a better player than Favre.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Looks like Favre will retire after this season. I know, I know he's said that many times, and I won't believe him till he actually misses a full year, but he's told close friends that he's done.

Another note, it seems that Favre will be placed on the injured reserve and will miss the rest of the season. He stated to his teammates that he'll be till the end with the team, he won't go back to his off-season home. You got to respect that. With the Vikings probably not making the playoffs, it's good that Favre will stick with his teammates till the end.

BigBob

Registered Member
It's upsetting, just for the fact that I'll take him throwing opposite handed over Jackson. Jackson looks so good in the off-season and during preseason but he just will never be a starter. Once we draft a few replacements for Hutchinson and McKinnie on the offensive line, then we'll be ready for a new quarterback. Rumors swirling that Brady Quinn may fall in Minnesota (God help us). I still think we should've drafted Jimmy Clausen.

Brett Favre saying he'll stay with the team means he's committed still. Most his age and this hurt would've said fuck it ages ago.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Sucks for him and his fans, but it had to happen sometime. Great job Favre, just hopefully Tavaris doesn't F it up for MINN.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
damn it, my inner OCD wants an even 300. At least it wasn't 298 or 299. That would annoy me to no end.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
damn it, my inner OCD wants an even 300. At least it wasn't 298 or 299. That would annoy me to no end.
Same here. Shame he didn't get to 300.

I also believe the streak will stand for a long time. The probability is stacked against Manning to reach it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 6
Babe_Ruth NFL 4
Dabs NFL 16
Millz NFL 42
Swiftstrike Bathroom Wall 21