• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Brett Favre overrated?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always thought he was.

Someone can be great, a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer and still be overrated.

I don't consider him a Top 10 all-time QB. I think he dramatically underachieved for much of his career. He was a huge diva, a bad teammate, he was not coachable, was not a team guy and played with a huge level of indifference for much of the second half of his career.

History has not been kind to Favre and I think it will continue that way.

smh122

Registered Member
I always felt he overachieved..Played with inadequate talent majority of his career and made them pro bowlers..So I consider him one of the best and guiding the Vikes to the NFC title game cemented that imo. Though his arm/decisions making was what made him and sometimes what hurt him

knickstape2107

Registered Member
He's not overrated. He made Sidney Rice look like a star. And that was towards the end of his career too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A popular comparison is Favre and Manning and we're going to hear a lot more about that as Manning breaks most of Favre's passing records this season.

There are things that compare, the durability, the multiple MVPs, only winning one Super Bowl.

The difference is, Manning is a workhorse. Favre would routinely skip practices, he would miss the majority of off-season workouts. It's the biggest reason why Manning is so beloved by his teammates and Favre, by in large, was not.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Favre was definitely a drama queen and a bad teammate most of the time but the results show he was one of the best QB's of all time as well. He elevated the play of others around him and yes, threw way too many INT"s but his passion and desire to win are unmatched.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm by no means an expert, but I'll just say that I felt that Brett Favre was overrated in my opinion. That's not to say that he wasn't good by any means, because he certainly was. I just always felt that he wasn't quite as good as he was projected to be. I never held him in the same regard that I did someone like a Troy Aikman for example.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
He really did play through a lot of injuries, for years he was an ironman, but his later years tarnished his legacy, with the drama, the Jenn Sterger stuff didn't help either. He is overrated but not by a ton

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 4
Babe_Ruth NFL 9
Dabs NFL 16
Millz NFL 42
Swiftstrike Bathroom Wall 21