Bret Hart to WWE?

Anthony1975

Registered Member
From the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter

While this is not due to any Monday Night Wars, perhaps as big a news as Hulk Hogan debuting for TNA on Jan. 4, is that there is a good chance Bret Hart will be debuting for WWE on the same night.
According to a WWE source who would have full knowledge of the situation, Hart, 52, signed a short-term talent contract with WWE this past week covering the period from 1/1 to 4/10, or through WrestleMania and about two weeks after the 3/28 show at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. Hart simply told us that he wasn’t going to lie about anything and thus wasn’t going to say anything on the story. It was said that Hart wanted his signing to be kept quiet and his return to be a surprise, but that WWE couldn’t help itself but all but announced it publicly on the first Raw after the ink was dry.
The storyline start was that Dennis Miller, as guest host, was having a conversation with Vince McMahon and McMahon asked Miller who he’d like to see as a future guest host. Miller said Bret “The Hitman” Hart. McMahon said that Hart hadn’t been on Raw since “Bret screwed Bret” and stormed off.
This deal had been talked about for several months, perhaps as far back as SummerSlam. One source in WWE confirmed it to us months ago that they expected Hart in for a program, not a one-shot appearance, that negotiations were at a level to where he actually thought there was a legitimate shot of it happening. After the story was reported here, Hart never denied the story, but always tried to play it down.
If this does materialise it will be fucking huge and would no doubt blow TNA out the water.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
How do you counter-act Hulk Hogan on TNA? Bring Bret the Hitman fucking Hart back to the WWE.

Wow.

Do it. Please. I beg you.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This guy seems to think its officially happening...

Found this on rajah.com...

Amid speculation that Bret Hart is in talks to return to World Wrestling Entertainment to host an upcoming edition of WWE RAW, it now appears Bret Hart's involvement wit WWE will extend well beyond a 1-night appearance.

According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that goes into effect on January 1, 2010 and runs until April 10th, approximately two weeks after Wrestlemania 26.

There has been talk of talk of Hart returning to the ring for one match, but that is still speculation at this point.

Although nothing is official, he is expected to debut on the January 4 Raw show that will go head-to-head with TNA's Monday Night iMPACT! special.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh my god, I really hope this is true, I think you all know how huge of a Bret Hart fan. I remember that thread Tucker, you were right my good man, and I know your extremely happy about this rumor. I truly hope it happens, I would love to see Bret Hart in the WWE again.

This would be an extremely big blow to TNA, knowing Bret, he's only doing this to see Hulk Hogan fail hehe.

Makes me wonder how many of todays WWE fans will remember Bret. With the PG14 nonsense and newer fans getting into the mix I'm curious to see what sort of pop Bret will get. If he returns and they are hosting it in Canada I can see him getting a loud one, however else where I sense it'll be demished with a dash of confusion.