Breaking Update:Goldberg Not Signing With WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by StroShow, Apr 21, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

The following was just posted on Bill Goldberg's Twitter. Looks like they couldn't come to terms.

Source: PW Insider & Official Goldberg Twitter

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's still a while till Wrestlemania 27 so I'll take this statement with a grain of salt. Having Bill Goldberg in Atlanta for the biggest Pay Per View of the year would sell a lot of tickets, pay per view buys and merchandise. I think it will eventually happen.

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Yeah I think Vince will give Goldberg something closer to what he wants; still, Goldberg shouldn't be acting like such a diva.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

My thoughts exactly, Unity. Apparently Bill Goldberg thinks way too highly of himself. I mean, come on, you've got the money already. I dont know what was siad but I agree there's still plenty of time to get something done.

5. StroShow

Shame he's not coming in according to that tweet, I assume he wanted too much money than Vince was willing to part with. but like everyone else mentioned, they've still got plenty of time to try and reach an agreement and I fully expect him to be HoF bound regardless...but would still love to see him making a daily appearance on Raw and atleast in one more match.

6. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Goldberg is actually right. Vince wants to sign him to a wrestling deal, but I really think that he should be signed to a deal much like Bret Hart.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I don't see how this is Goldberg acting like a diva. He isn't employed by WWE so he's not obliged to do anything for them. He's said numerous times that he doesn't want to go back to wrestling. He's happy in the work he's doing at the moment and he's happy being a family man. i don't see anything wrong with him refusing to return as a wrestler. Why should he?

8. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I might be misinterpreting the whole thing, but I think it's more in terms of how much money he'd receive. I didn't think Vince wanted him to return full time either way.

I could be wrong, no idea! haha

9. StroShow

I was thinking about this today and this is what I came up with. Twitter is a negotiating/publicity device these days... they could have told him to tweet that to make him showing up a bigger surprise. The bigger the surprise the bigger pop Goldberg will get. Unlike TNA the WWE doesn't need to advertise anything to bring in the ratings.

10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Exactly...it has to do with DA MONAAAYYY...as Vince would put it.

I think we'll see something get done for one more watch at Wrestlemania 27 in Atlanta.