Breaking: Smackdown moving to Syfy

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Rajah.com:

This is good for me on the West Coast; I'll probably be getting it three hours earlier.
    ------
    Oh, but it suuucks for my friend, a Katrina refugee who can't afford cable. For his ten-year-old kid. Suuucks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010

2. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

This is great, I don't have MyNetworkTV and haven't been able to watch Smackdown in ages, so it's great to see that they are moving it to a station with more people.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

That's fine with me...I don't really care either way and it doesn't affect me in any way. So cool...if they make more money then go for it.

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

The first episode of smackdown on SyFy has been confirmed for October first, at the same time slot (8 pm EST).

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This doesn't really effect me at all since I get it on a Canadian feed, but this doesn't surprise me at all. But what surprises me is that Smackdown is always changing TV Networks. I don't know why they don't just stick to one and be done with it.

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

WWE will always stick it on a bargain basement network, if you want my guess. It may be part of a 'tiered' financial strategy to cast Raw and Smackdown at different sections of the TV market.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

This is good news. I don't have MyNetworkTV, but I do have SyFy. Now I'll get to see what everyone claims is the better show.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I don't see why SyFy would be a good place for Smackdown. It'll help the ratings for SyFy but really hurt the ratings for Smackdown because SyFy doesn't exactly have a wrestling audience.

What does USA have on Fridays that interferes with Smackdown? And I still wish Smackdown was on Thursdays.

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont think the ratings are really going to change if its on SyFy, USA, or wherever. Unless you're a fan you probably won't be watching.