Breaking News: Torre Officially Joins The Dodgers

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Los Angeles Times - Joe Torre is now the new manager of the Dodgers. Torre and the Dodgers finalized a three-year deal today to replace Grady Little, who resigned Tuesday. The contract is believed to be worth around $4 million a season.

"Having grown up in Brooklyn, I have a great understanding of the history of the Dodger organization and I am committed to bringing a world championship back to Los Angeles," Torre said in a statement released by the team.

"I consider it an honor to be a part of this organization, which is one of the most storied franchises in all of sports." Said General Manager Ned Colletti: "Few managers in the history of the game have accomplished what Joe has delivered.

Throughout his career he has demonstrated the ability to turn a vision for success into results on the field and we welcome his passion and leadership. We have tremendous fans and they deserve no less."

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_w...king_news_torre_officially_joins_the_dodgers/

2. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I think this is a good move by the Dodgers. Torre is a great manager and they have needed one of those for awhile. This might finally make them the team people always thought they could be.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree this is a good move from the Dodgers orginazation. Torre has a proven record, and he's known has a great player coach, so I am sure the Dodger players will respect him with a great deal.

Also there's a lot of players that wants to play for Torre, so this is good for the Dodgers for another reason, they'll have a better chance to sign free agents with him in the mix.

4. LATitan

LATitan Guest

Good for him,glad he got the Brooklyn Dodgers job,his faborite team I believe.

5. Rise Up! (Witness™)

Rise Up! (Witness™) Registered Member

If I was Joe Torre I would have shown some respect to Grady Little and not have went in to interview. If I was in Torre's situation I would have said, I will come in for interviews after you either fire Little, or let him go. I would be furious if I was Grady Little, that was not classy at all by the Dodgers.

Well anyway I hope Torre has a great future with the Dodgers.

6. Jonnymovgamer

Jonnymovgamer Registered Member

Did anybody else watch the press conference yesterday? It was weird seeing him in a Dodger jersey and hat. He's going to be wearing the same number has he did in New York, which is 6.