Breaking News: Tigers Land Cabrera And Willis

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Fox Sports - The Marlins and Tigers have made the first blockbuster splash of the Winter Meetings.

Florida and Detroit have reached a preliminary agreement that will send star third baseman Miguel Cabrera and left-hander Dontrelle Willis to the Tigers for a package of young players headlined by outfielder Cameron Maybin and left-hander Andrew Miller, according to major-league sources.

Detroit will also send four other prospects to the Marlins as part of the deal.

The deal will add close to $20 million to the Tigers' payroll and could lead to the team trading third basemn Brandon Inge

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_w...breaking_news_tigers_land_cabrera_and_willis/

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Holy shit.

Detroit just got some serious talent. However, keep an eye on Florida, with all the young guys they got, they could explode out of nowhere in a few years time.

3. DirtDog

DirtDog Guest

Big News for Tigers!!

4. The_Show_Stopper

The_Show_Stopper Registered Member

I'm happy now. The Tigers have been pretty agressive this offseason and its really paid off. Hopefully the success will translate into wins this year.

5. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

Huge move.

Santana's next.

6. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Unbelievable...

Seriously...

WOW

Detroit, Boston and Anaheim have AWESOME teams

7. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

I guess that this was a good deal, but I dont think that the Tigers should have moved Cameron Maybin, he is a really good player and he could have been a great asset for them in the future

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This team is going to be hard to beat. Cabrera is one of the best young players in the league, and if he slims down,(supposely lost 15lbs already) he can become the next Manny Ramirez. This team has a very dangerous line up and starting pitching rotation.

The Marlins always trade their stars for young players, and when those young players become stars they trade them for more prospects. This team won't be able to keep their stars till they get a new stadium and such.