• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

BREAKING: Hulk Hogan done with WWE?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Wade Keller just tweeted about 15 minutes ago that Hulk Hogan is reportedly done with WWE. No explanation was given but everything from the WWE.com website related to Hogan, including merchandise and his profile on the Tough Enough has been moved. Hogan also sent a cryptic tweet that can confirm what Keller reported.

Wonder what it was all about. Hogan didn't get his wish for one final match at Wrestlemania 32 next year?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Don't know, but he's been doing his thing now for how long?
I've always liked the Hulkster. I mean, let's face it, Hulk is the WWE. He's given his life to entertaining wrestling fans and nobody deserves to retire with honors more than him. If this is it, I at least hope he gets a terrific send-off.

- Cham

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's what I imagine, EdgeHead. I'm sure we'll find out the truth sooner or later but my guess is that the WWE didn't want to grant his wish of having one final match at WM32. So, he took his ball and went home it seems.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hogan is such a drama queen...I wonder what happens with his spot on Tough Enough?

The Wrestlemania 32 thing seems like a good guess.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
More news about this. Apparently, he was asked if he was ever called the N word and he mentioned the Booker T incident and Lil Wayne would call him that. Obviously, there's more to it than that, but I think this has to be a part of it.

Even the Axelmania gimmick has been scrapped and there are talks that he'll get removed from the hall of fame.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
It sez on the news that ties were severed over "Racial Slurs". Doesn't sound like Hogan's style to me, but even if a slur did get blurted, I don't think it cause for this much hoopla. Hogans given too much to the industry to be so easily dismissed.

- Cham

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The beacon of journalistic light in the darkness.
Hey, what's the latest on Elvis?

- Cham
I know it's National Enquirer, but it's pretty much out now that they were right and it was due to racial slurs.

Anyway, he deserves to get fired over this, no question about it. You can't just erase the guy, though.

Let's say he passes away in two months, they're not going to air a tribute? They're really going to keep him off the Hall of Fame page? OJ Simpson is still in the Football HOF for chrissakes.

With all that said, taking such drastic action against Hogan does invite a closer look into WWE's own history of racism.

I'm not sure Vince wants to go down that road.