• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Breaking: Habs sign Fucale to entry-level contract

The Montreal Canadiens just announced that they signed G Zachary Fucale to a three-year entry-level contract. More details to come!

He's definitely going back to Halifax before the end of training camp. However, should Halifax get an early exit during the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a few games with the Bulldogs.

Willey101

I was listening to 98.5 FM on Thursday night before my hockey game and they had a call in show asking about what players were going to surprise us and or have a big year.
2 people called in with absolute conviction that Fucale would be named the starter of the Canadiens by season end. I mean give me a break.

Some people in this city are outright senile. I remember the same being said with Cedrik Desjardins, or when Benoit Gratton was leading the Bulldogs and fans were clamoring for him to lead the Habs.

Fucale is a good 3-4 years away from making it to the NHL. His likely progression will be in Halifax this year and then dealt at the deadline to a powerhouse team in the Q, or h'll be eliminated early and then as mentioned above, head to he Bulldogs for a few games.

Kid looks to be a good one but he has so much to learn. Look at the game last night, he's not very good handling the puck and he gives out rebounds. These are things that Waite will be working on over he next 3 years before we finally see this kid as a back-up to Price or whomever is goalie in the city.

Depending on how the season goes in Halifax, you're right; he could be traded to a powerhouse team in the Q. The team that comes to mind is the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (his family & girlfriend are from the area) and the Armada is definitely one of the strongest teams in the Q. They're more balanced than the Mooseheads IMO as they don't exclusively count on two dominant players to carry the load on offense but I think that the only thing Blainville-Boisbriand is missing is that showstopping goalie like Zach Fucale. Willey, remind me of that conversation when the trade deadline in the QMJHL comes up. It'll be interesting to see if my prediction turned out to be correct! ;)