• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Breakfast in Bed

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I know that breakfast in bed is seen as a romantic cushy thing that couples do and that children sometimes do for their parents but I have never the appeal of it, you don't have a real solid surface to put your food on, you move about on the bed and if you spill any thing you either need to wash the sheets to get drink stains off or you end up itchy because of bits of food you were unable to find originally.

With all that being said do you enjoy it? Do you see it as romantic? Do you do it often for your partner?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't like to eat in bed. I see it as difficult. I prefer to eat a table or the couch. I usually eat in a recliner in front of the TV. My apartment doesn't have a dining table. Or any table really apart from my desk (I eat there too).

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've never done it unless you count eating a Pop-Tart while playing a video game. :lol:

I get the idea of it as a romantic gesture, mostly in a romantic sense with a man preparing breakfast for a woman and surprising her. I'd love to do that someday.

The reality sounds like too many things need to be perfect. Stable bed. Big, stable "breakfast in bed" tray. She'll have to wake up and pee anyway...

Basically it seems like the gesture is what counts, and if you can look past the imperfections it would be fun enough to try. For me personally? I say get up, because you have to anyway.

Danno

Registered Member
If the girl I was with was into all that kind of thing I would do it for her, but I'm with you. I don't really see the appeal.

There would be nothing worse than being comfy in bed then somebody waking you up and saying "Here, eat this"....You then have to look like it's a nice surprise, put a smile on your face (which is something I cannot do before 4 cups of coffee), sit up in bed in the most uncomfortable position and end up laying in your own crumbs and spillages with a constant fake look of appreciation.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Eating in bed. No thanks. Like you say the spilling things thing would be bad, enough to make me not do it. Perhaps when I'm 79 and I can't walk right, then fair enough wheel in the foods, but until then I'll stick to a table.

Saying that, I hardly ever eat brekkie anyway. Don't wake up early enough for it when I'm at work - Wake-Wash-Teeth-Gone (5 mins)

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I always eat ON my bed, breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I had my own way (I don't do it when my parents are home, it seems like something I'd get told off for). I like to internet whilst eating because it helps me eat slower and my laptop is pretty much always on my bed.

This thread reminds me of when I took a picture of my cereal once and sent it to kevin (whilst I was at his house) without thinking that his duvet cover is the background, hahah. I thought I was going to get scolded for it but I don't think I did.

As a romantic gesture/someone else doing it for me? eh, not so much. I don't think I'd want to be woken up with food in my FACE. I don't really see it as romantic.

My brother and I used to do that for my parents when we were kids on mother's/father's/birth days.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This thread reminds me of when I took a picture of my cereal once and sent it to kevin (whilst I was at his house) without thinking that his duvet cover is the background, hahah. I thought I was going to get scolded for it but I don't think I did.

As a romantic gesture/someone else doing it for me? eh, not so much. I don't think I'd want to be woken up with food in my FACE. I don't really see it as romantic.
Haha I remember that! I didn't care and don't care but I'm almost positive I made a comment to make it seem like I did care but only in a joking manner.

I think its moreso about the thought that counts although I do agree with you. I'd rather eat at the table haha

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't eat in bed and never have. I enjoy sitting in a chair on on the couch while I eat.

I will do it for a girl someday if I must (I don't mind cooking at all), but I'm gonna make sure to make it clear that it's not something I'd like.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
No, I never eat in bed. It's not comfortable and the room smells foodish so definitely it's not something that I like.
But for the sake of making a romantic gesture I'd eat it with my partner once in a while - it depends on the mood. If he'd like it then why not.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never do that and the only way I would is if I was too sick to go to the kitchen. I don't like washing the sheets and putting them back on the bed. Anything I got out of eating breakfast in bed would be counteracted by that.