Braves broadcaster Caray, 68, dies in sleep

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
ATLANTA (AP) - Skip Caray, a voice of the Atlanta Braves for 33 years and part of a family line of baseball broadcasters that included Hall of Famer Harry Caray, died in his sleep at home on Sunday, the team said. He was 68.

The cause of death was not immediately known, but various health problems had limited Caray to calling only Braves home games this season.
FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Braves broadcaster Caray, 68, dies in sleep

I don't know if a lot of you guys know who Chip Caray was, but I sure did, he was a great baseball announcer, he showed so much passion while announcing games. I grew up watching the Toronto Blue Jays, but I've watched many Atlanta Braves games, and I've always enjoyed listening to Chip. He'll sure be missed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to hear Skip on TBS all the time when he was announcing. His voice is very unique and I loved listening to him.

RIP Skip.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Tghts and prayers to the family, as a life long (and by lifelong I mean as since I was old enough to root for a team) Braves fan his voice calling the games will be greatly missed. Here's hoping he up in that big broadcast booth in the sky having a cold one with Harry Carrey.