Brandon Jacobs tosses helmet in stands

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Really stupid...apparently from what you posted it was unintentional, he was trying to slam it on the ground.

That being said...he was slamming it in a hissy fit due to losing his spot. You're a "professional" athlete. Act like it.

It's funny, I remember as a kid how athletes seemed to be actual role models. I was probably naive, but I really don't remember them being this diva-ish. lol

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I think it slipped from his hands, at least that's what the announcers said. If that's the case, this isn't much of an issue, but if he actually threw it into the stands, he's a douchebag.... kind of like the fan who wouldn't let the fucking thing go. The look on his face made me laugh.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Unfortunately I didn't see the play, so I can't really make a judgement call or anything. If he did it on purpose then I believe he should get at least two games, but if it just slipped then just give him one game. He's a professional athlete and he has to act like one. He needs to control his emotions.

5. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think the real tragedy in this story is that the fan that caught the helmet wasn't allowed to keep it. That would have been one hell of a souvenir.

BigBob and Unity like this.
  6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I hate that, if it goes in the stands then it should be free game. It's same thing, when a baseball bat goes into the stands in the Major Leagues, most of the players want it back. Personally, I don't believe they should get it back, it's not like they don't have many spares. The fan should of kept the helmet in my opinion.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I still laugh when I see the fan's face, I thought he was going to cry. Haha.