Brand Ruptures Achilles Tendon

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

A big loss to Clippers. They just needed this to stuff their season up.

3. Babe_Ruth

This is more then a big loss for the Clippers it's a huge loss, this guy is there main player and I don't think they can do much without him. Yes they have other players that can maybe step up, but Brand is a 20-10 kind of player and that's a huge loss for the Clippers. It's not a good start for the Clippers.

4. alyrose910

alyrose910 Guest

Yes. This is a huge loss for the Clippers. It's really unfortunate for this to happen to them. L.A. teams aren't looking too good this year. lol. I think that Clippers should move cities. that's my opinion. Brand is going to be out for like 6 months and when he comes back you know it's still going to cause problems. this is a really bad injury to obtain...

5. Babe_Ruth

RealGM Staff Report -
    Los Angeles Clippers ’ forward Elton Brand underwent a successful procedure to repair a ruptured left Achilles tendon on Tuesday morning at the Christiana Care’s Wilmington Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware.

The surgery was conducted by Dr. Craig Morgan, a Wilmington-based orthopedic surgeon, who afterward consulted with Clippers’ team physician Dr. Tony Daly.

Brand will wear a cast for six weeks, replaced by a walking boot for six weeks. He will remain in the eastern United States for the next two weeks, after which he will return to Wilmington for a follow-up examination and a probable adjustment to his cast.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47523/20070807/brand_undergoes_successful_surgery/

6. zunami

zunami Registered Member

I think they should trade Cassell to the Heat, end up with a bad record as a result and get a good draft pick.

7. Babe_Ruth

Brand is suppose to miss half of the season. This isn't great news because that probably means they'll be off to such a bad start, and playing in the Western Conference it will be hard for them to catch up when he does come back because they'll be so far from the eight place team. Now I am only assuming that the Clippers will have a bad season without Brand, but you never know they can still play well without him.

8. can you say OJ Mayo or Derrick Rose

9. NBAfan231

NBAfan231 Guest

The 07-08 season doesn't look good for the Clippers. Now they lost Brand and earlier in the season they lost Livingston. Maybe this could become a good year for Cuttino Mobley