Branch goes to Seahawks

F

Forbidden

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) -- The New England Patriots ended the holdout of receiver Deion Branch on Monday by trading him to the Seattle Seahawks for a first-round draft pick.

Seahawks general manager Tim Ruskell called Branch "a known commodity," and added that a first-round pick "can be a crapshoot."

Seattle expects to finalize a new, multiyear contract with the MVP from the Super Bowl in 2000 in the next few days.
Well this will add some depth to the Hawks, I don't know if this was an even trade because Branch has been good, but we'll see.

S

shawnesty23

i always did and still do think he si overrated and woudlntt rade a 1st rounder for him, but it will still help there offense thiss eason

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
I think he is an established player, so he is worth the draft pick cuz you never no when your gonna draft a bust.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl, he's very capable of having 1000 yards receiving season. He's going to help the Seahawks a lot. I just get angry when players hold out like that. Personally I think their a little selfish when they do that. The Pats did a good thing and decided to trade him.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Vince Carter said:
He helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl, he's very capable of having 1000 yards receiving season. He's going to help the Seahawks a lot. I just get angry when players hold out like that. Personally I think their a little selfish when they do that. The Pats did a good thing and decided to trade him.

I agree. They sign a damn contract and then bitch about it not being fair half way into it. Some of these spoiled idiots should stop bitching and play out their existing contracts, then go for the bigger dollars.

Hoosier.

J

JAZZNC

Hoosier Daddy said:
I agree. They sign a damn contract and then bitch about it not being fair half way into it. Some of these spoiled idiots should stop bitching and play out their existing contracts, then go for the bigger dollars.

Hoosier.
I agree. Branch said that 1+million(which is more than most people make in a life time) wasn't enough to be payed for one year of doing what he loves to do (supposedly). These guys look like real assholes when they do stuff like that. I think that they forget that people like us that save money just to get a chance to watch them play one game in person write their paychecks. Oh well, I guess that's what this world has come to.

R

R.Lewis_52

Thats good for the seahawks but thats not going to get them the the super bowl at least not this year.