Brady's Rules

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Konshentz, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

sigh

kind of like the Jordan rules? I know being a star has its perks, but I really doubt it has to do with Brady so much as protecting the QB position in general.

Last thing I need is Tom Brady being more motivated in a divisional game. because all of my opinions now are based off of possible fantasy repercussions. :nod:

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Meh, sometimes I think both the Steelers and the Patriots get luckier than they really deserve to be and I'm not afraid to see he and Ray Lewis might be on to something.

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

The rule was not just made because of him, Ben Roethlesburger and Carson Palmer also had knee injuries and it's to try to limit those types of injuries.

I have seen a couple of instances where it seems Brady will look at an official and a late flag's been thrown for a ticky-tack hit, but I've seen that done for a lot of QB's. I can see the need for such rules but I think the referees enforce the rules too strictly sometimes, not just for Brady.

5. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

joey has a big mouth...that's 4 sure...

but theres probably SOME truth to what he says...
    SOME...

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Knee injuries, and injuries in general are a part of sports whether they like it or not. If they don't wanna risk injuries of any type, then don't play sports.

Period.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I see nothing wrong with trying to prevent serious knee injuries. And Porter just talks shit, lets see if he can back it up this week against the Pats or not.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Porter as a big mouth, doesn't surprise me that he would come out with something like this. Do I think Brady gets help from the officials? Just a bit, but he's not the one quarterback that gets the "call" Also past quarterbacks like Montana, Young, Marino ect got some calls their way as well.

So it's nothing new.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Nope.

He was a nonfactor. He actually had zero in terms of statistics this weekend. No tackles, no sacks, nothing. He rushed Brady once and that was it.

All in all, I'm getting really fucking sick and tired of whiners like Porter. Baltimore is full of babies and they're still number one on the Waaaaahhmbulance list but unless these jackoffs are ready to do something about it (like Porter wasn't) they should keep their mouths shut. Here's a fun fact: Did you know that the Patriots lead the NFL in Roughing the Passer penalties? Sounds pretty strange for a team that apparently has an advantage in the rules department. Also, for anybody that actually watches the Patriots, you'd know they've been getting screwed quite well this season in terms of penalties, yesterday's game was a good example of that.

People who whine about the Pats are afraid of them. They know they're facing a serious challenge and they don't know how to react other than bitching and complaining.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

The NFL has an interest in keeping their players as injury free as possible. By this argument, everything is fair game including leading with your helmet and cheap shots to the knees. I have no problem with the NFL enacting rules that protect players.

But that's not the point. The point is Porter's argument is the rule was enacted because of Brady, the rule was enacted because of lots of knee injuries, not just his.