Brady to have surgery, miss rest of 2008 season

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

You wouldn't beleive how happy I am after i've seen this report. Now we can see how good Bill Belichick really is. He always had the talent, now lets see what he can do with a quarterback he never played. Should be really interesting.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I'm with Chris on this. Let's see what this team does not that they don't have Brady. I actually was questioning his health anyways from that "ankle injury" he had. Of course they had to tell the truth on this one because he wasn't playing anymore for the rest of the season.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I'd say the division is between the Pats, Jets and Bills for now.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

God I hope you're not as dense as you sound. You do realize Bosh, that even with a fully stocked team, you still need a strong coach to go anywhere, right? Use this analogy:

If you've got a ripped body, 3% body fat at most, super athletic . . you get the picture. If you have that body that is perfectly capable of running miles in minutes, lifting hundreds of pounds in seconds, and throwing accurately and far, is it worth shit if you have a poorly functioning or malfunctioning brain?

Not at all.

Belichick has been good every season he's been the coach. Some people for some reason, just can't stand to admit that.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm looking forward to Cassell leading this team for the rest of the season. I've read quite a bit about him and I have to say he's got some good stuff stacked for him, wont be the easiest job of his life but he's definitely got more to work with than some of the Younger QB's around the league.

Just having the option of Randy Moss is a huge advantage... then the fact that the NE O-line is stacked.... If you asked me I think the only thing that may end up hurting Cassell will be his own mind.
    ------
    I also just want to add...

this will be great for the Pats in the long run. I hear lots of hullabub about how they rely solely on Brady and Moss to run up the score... I think this will be a good chance for the team as a whole to really step up and show that they can still be a dominate force even without Brady. I personally think they are more than capable of doing it with Cassell at the helm.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. Merc

People shit on Cassell and use his preseason numbers to judge him but fail to take into consideration that he has never worked with a full, 1st string roster. Just wait, I'm betting he'll be a surprise.

8. Babe_Ruth

You cant take anything from what he did yesterday because he was playing against the Chiefs. No offense, but the Chiefs have a real horrible defense. Should be interesting to see how he does the rest of the season. I bet the Patriots will run the ball more now, that Brady is out.

9. Merc

So what if it's the Chiefs? If anything, they'd be more frightening since they're almost all such young players, thus, no idea what to expect! Cassell put together a nice drive and with several very capable running backs, just watch. The Patriots will surprise people again this year.

10. Babe_Ruth

What do you mean the Patriots will surprise people again this year, for the last several years since Brady became starter people expected them to be Super Bowl contenders, which they've been.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008