Brady Quinn done for the season

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's the second year in a row for Quinn, and I agree with Franklin. Anderson is a bad quarterback.

The Browns needs to drop Anderson this off-season pick up a veteran quarterback and help Quinn understand the position a bit better. He makes way to many mistakes when he steps onto the field. He shows signs of being a great quarterback but then next play he'll do something a high school quarterback would do.

Watch now Anderson will come in and play like he did 2 seasons ago and look like a pro-bowler again and there will be the same QB problem in Cleveland next year. Both Anderson and Quinn stink and need to be cut, but neither one will because they have too big of contracts. The Browns can't afford to cut Anderson they will have to pay him too much money.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I doubt Anderson will play well during the Browns last two games. I agree with you that Anderson needs to be cut, but I have to disagree with you on Quinn. He's still young and it takes awhile for quarterbacks to learn the position in the NFL. It doesn't help that he plays for the Browns and he's never had a veteran quarterback to learn from, like Rodgers for example.

Quinn's been overrated since college. What has he ever done? He never won a bowl game or even a big game in college and since he has been a pro he has done nothing but get injured and throw interceptions. His only real good game came against the Lions. He needs to be let go and they need to sign a solid veteran and draft a good prospect. They have 11 picks this year might as well use one and get a good qb.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's been in the league for three years now, he's played a total of 14 games. Don't you think it's unfair to call him a bust already. It doesn't help him that he's played for an awful team like the Browns, he hasn't had a veteran quarterback to tutor him. He showed that he had good chemistry with Winslow but the Browns decided to trade him.

Like I mentioned the quarterback position takes a while to learn, not everyone can excel right away, especially when they play for a crappy team like the Browns.

I live in Cleveland and I've watched Quinn since he has been here and I just don't think he can be that franchise QB the Browns need. He doesn't have a very strong arm and his accuracy on the deep ball is terrible. And to say well he didn't have a veteran to learn from is crap not many starting QB's in the league had a veteran to sit behind and learn from. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are the only two that I can even think of who are good QB's that sat behind a veteran. Peyton Manning never had a veteran neither did McNabb,Palmer,Brees, Roethlisberger, Farve the list goes on. This season he doesn't have many weapons I'll give you that, but what about the past two seasons when he couldn't beat out Derek Anderson for the starting job when they had weapons like Jamal Lewis, Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow? How long do they have to wait for this guy? They need to cut or trade both Quinn and Anderson and draft a rookie and bring in a solid veteran and start over at the QB position because they've already wasted 3 years on these two.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He doesn't have a very strong arm and his accuracy on the deep ball is terrible.
It's funny because most Giants fans were saying the same thing about Eli Manning and look he did what that team. You got to remember that Quinn is playing for the Browns and he's still learning the position, yes he makes dumb mistakes about a lot of young quarterbacks have done the same. Giving up on him now would be a bad mistake and could come back and bite them in the butt.

I would keep Anderson over Quinn. Anderson has proved that with the right players around him he is a Pro-bowl caliber player, and has shown the potential to be a good QB. Quinn hasn't done that yet, he's had one good game and a series of injuries. Anderson is only a few months older than Quinn and has had to deal with the same problems, no veteran to learn from and lack of talent around him. When he had the talent around him he was a Pro-Bowler, when Quinn had the same talent around him he couldn't beat Anderson out for the spot. They should trade Quinn and get what they can out of him while they can.