• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Brady Bunch reboot in the works

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Ok. Really? Granted, CBS did a REALLY good job rebooting Hawaii Five-O, but the Brady Bunch? Really? Really? Really?

For some reason, I just don't like this idea, but CBS doesn't usually air crap on TV that gets cancelled after an episode or two, so this could be a decent show if the writing isn't complete poopy.

I would have preferred the Partridge Family. :p

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh no not another Brady Bunch. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Stop doing remakes and come up with something original. If that's possible. Which if they have good writers and actors maybe it won't be too bad.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
what's good about the Brady Bunch is the camp factor. A reboot couldn't capture that. It would have to be really really really well done to get it right.

Which is not to say that I won't watch...

Frenzy

Registered Member
I think they would do better with the Partridge Family, but hey, that's just me.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I wasn't overly fond of the original Brady Bunch. I didn't mind it, but wouldn't say I was a huge fan. A reboot wouldn't really make me feel strongly either way, I would be eagerly awaiting watching it though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't judge it till I see it. I've seen all the original Brady Bunch television shows and they were fantastic. The cast was really strong, they had great chemistry. Also, it was a different era back then, I'm just not sure a show of that nature would work in this day and age. I'll definitely watch the first few episodes, though. To see what direction they go.