Movies Boys Don't Cry

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Iris, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Has anyone seen this movie? It's about the story of Teena Brandon who had a sexual identity crisis. She wanted to be a boy, so she dressed and acted as one. She visits this town called Falls City where she meets the girl of her dreams, Lana. There she makes friends and finds a home.

That is until they find out she is actually a girl. Then her two male friends rape and murder her, killing another friend with a baby in the process. Lana didn't care about what gender 'Brandon' was, she stilled loved her till the end.

Here to an article about what happened: http://images.google.com/imgres?img...don&um=1&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

This happened in 1993, so I'm sure some of you have seen the movie or heard about what happened.

I highly recommend watching this movie. It's phenomenal.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Is this a new movie in the cinemas?

If not, I guess I have to find it somewhere on the DVD.

That's an interesting article there.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

No, the movie was made a while ago. Not sure when. But everything happened in 1993. Just torrent the movie. That's what I did.

Also, Hilary Swank is in it. She has short hair! :O

4. AteoFou

AteoFou Guest

Yes, I've seen this film. I just recently bought it actually. I showed it to my roommate a year or two ago and he was severely depressed after the movie. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but I wouldn't just recommend it to anyone. You really have to be in a good mood for a drama and be prepared for some queer issues.

If you've seen and enjoyed this film you would probably like Soldier's Girl.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0324013/
    Once again, my roommate was pretty depressed after this movie.
    Plot Outline:

The true story of a young soldier beaten to death for falling in love with a transgendered nightclub performer.

I absolutely loved this film and the ending is absolutely intense.

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Man, I'll totally have to check it out. That sounds like a very good movie. That's for telling me about it. :]