Boycotting GF award section

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Swiftstrike, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Sign this petition if you realize the uselessness of this section.

...Look who is making the polls...

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Why are they all Licky? The whole section seems like spam. Do the posts count?

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I think all awards seem pointless on forums. It is just a popularity contest which I never participate in.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Yes, for some reason everybody decided the posts should count.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. padd

padd Registered Member

Wait.. now MOTM seems kinda pointless.. if were gonna do things this way, instead of voting for every single winner why not just PM licky the winners in the first place to avoid all these junk topics.

Blueyes likes this.
  6. Doc

That's fucking retarded. It's like the VIP section now. You get a license to spam just because you're a higher level member on that board. That's not right at all.

I want options to keep Introductions/Welcome and the Awards section out of New Posts. I'm sick of hitting new posts and having half a page to a page of spam pop up.

7. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I like it. It's all in good fun, and I don't think it's really harming anyone. If you take it to heart, you're missing the point.

But I agree with the post count thing. I'm pretty sure these should not count.

Blueyes and Bananas like this.
  8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

it's actually a full page and then some

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Actually, Hybrix created the board in sub-talk like I wanted. Some point along the line he wanted to give Premium some more attention and put the sub-board there. When he logs you, you can ask him to move it back.

Also, there is a thread that you could've commented on in the GF Award section. Hybrix asked whether to keep it in Premium or move it to Sub-Talk again.

Blueyes and ysabel like this.
  10. Doc

And you totally missed the part where I wasn't here for well over a week.

It's spam and I don't think it should count or be in New Posts.