• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Boy forced to kill his pet hamster..

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
That's fucked up. I'd really like to say the mother deserves something, but I can't see her getting punished without the kid suffering as well.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not really sure the government can do anything about this aside from going at the traumatizing a child angle perhaps?. Rodent's aren't a protected animal against abuse. I mean, most people use mouse traps to kill these things.

It's not like he was forced to kill his dog. It's messed up for sure but I'm just saying I don't think there is a legal case here. In the eyes of the government it's no different than forcing him to flush his gold fish or throw out his ant farm.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm not really sure the government can do anything about this aside from going at the traumatizing a child angle perhaps?. Rodent's aren't a protected animal against abuse. I mean, most people use mouse traps to kill these things.

It's not like he was forced to kill his dog. It's messed up for sure but I'm just saying I don't think there is a legal case here. In the eyes of the government it's no different than forcing him to flush his gold fish or throw out his ant farm.
I think you missed the adjective "pet".

Yes Brix, it is certainly protected under animal abuse laws. Any pet is.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
As far as I know they are classified as vermin though. There still could be a case but if the kid had a pet grasshopper I highly doubt this would be a news story. I'm not agreeing with what she did by any means, I'm just saying that I think the term pet only covers more conventional pets like dogs and cats.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
yeah.... thats a little insane. Forget the hamster, who gives a shit about that. Whats up with this parents sense of judgment? I mean wow, "you failed a class, now Kill your Pet!" Isnt that just training to become a mass murderer?

I could care less that the hamster died, but what I do care about is whether or not that this parent is suited to be a parent if Killing or Causing harm to other things is part of their Parental Scheme.

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Jail is the best place for her, she was already on probation and to force her son to smash his pet to death is beyond cruel. Guess she wants her son to follow a path of murder...
------
As far as I know they are classified as vermin though. There still could be a case but if the kid had a pet grasshopper I highly doubt this would be a news story. I'm not agreeing with what she did by any means, I'm just saying that I think the term pet only covers more conventional pets like dogs and cats.

Dude it's a mammal..:shake: I wouldn't want one as a pet but still, WTF?

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Barrack Hussein killed his cats for fun as a child, at the age of 13. Look what he did.

This poor kid kills his hamster, and hes just around the same age. Thats a very important time in our lives. Doing that kind of shit will fuck you up. This mother is training her kid to be a junior adolf hitler.

And a bad report card? for fucks sake, people have had F's across the board but haven't been forced to hurt anything in anyway. Thats a piss poor excuse to kill a hamster. Those things get expensive too.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
That's because you can't buy grasshoppers as pets. If you buy a pet it is protected under animal abuse laws no matter what it is. As long as you bought the animal from a legal dealer, it's a pet and thus protected. It's not much clearer than that. Hamsters are not 'vermin' either. Just because they're related to mice and rats doesn't make them 'vermin'. There's not exactly a hamster problem in the US, is there?

Pet covers any animal you legally bought and thus, pledged to care for (unless it is a feeder animal such as mice for a snake).

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
That is just so...sick. The poor kid will remember that moment for the rest of his life, we just have to hope that it doesn't cause too much damage to his psyche.

The mother needs to be locked away for his safety.