Boy Brings Gun to School, Mom says Suspension was Unnecessary

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I made the title misleading in the first place cause I thought this was kinda funny :hah:

An irate Staten Island mom blasted a grade school principal Wednesday for treating her son like a pint-sized Plaxico Burress after he brought a 2-inch-long toy gun to school.

"This principal is a bully and a coward, and needs to be held accountable," said Laura Timoney, 44, after her teary fourth-grader was nearly suspended for playing with the tiny toy at lunch.

"The school should be embarrassed. This is a common-sense issue."

Patrick Timoney, 9, was terrified when he was yanked into the principal's office to discuss the teeny-weeny plastic "weapon."

Read more: Laura Timoney fumes after son Patrick, 9, is busted for bringing 2-inch-long toy gun to PS 52

Laura Timoney fumes after son Patrick, 9, is busted for bringing 2-inch-long toy gun to PS 52
For those that dont click the link... heres a pic of the boy wielding this weapon. He's such a badass, its no wonder they freaked out and tried to suspend him.

It's sad what society has turned into. At my school we were allowed to bring cap guns to school and nobody said anything. Well, at long as we weren't harassing other people with them we weren't getting into trouble. Nowadays, if you draw a gun you get in serious trouble.

I understand Columbine and other school shooting were tragic, but must we punish every ounce of fun we're allowed to have because of it!? >.<;

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
More people have been killed with pencils than GI-Joe size toy guns. This school needs to get their priorities straight.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
hahahhaa nice catch. I didnt even think of the midget cricket.

The thing that gets me the most about this is as a kid I used to bring things like that to school all the time. I mean thats sorta what Fridays were all about when I was his age. Friday was Show & Tell day so we'd bring all kinds of cool shit in to show off. Usually it was favorite toys and crap like that.

Kinda makes me wonder what the kid was doing that was obvious enough for him to get caught with it.