Boy, 8, Shoots Himself At Fair

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Shit. I heard about this today at school, but, the idiots twisted the story a bit. They put it that the kid walked up to a stand randomly took a gun and cooly put the gun to his head and shit himself, but they are apparently lying bastards.

But, the instructors should have been responsible enough to know an 8 year old couldnt handle the recoil of a fully automatic of what appears to be a 9mm smg, they are to be blamed, them and the parents.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
That is crazy. I didn't know that it was legal for a kid to shoot a gun with permission. An 8 year old just doesnt have the strength to shoot a lot of guns, and I think that should be considered carefully. Is the kid okay? I don't think i read that.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
he is dead, he shot himself under the chin with a 9mm 150 grain bullet traveling at 1100 ish fps. Not many people can survive that. The few that have, wherent 8 year olds.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Resposibility has failed at every level.

...and just think he would of had to wait another 10 years to play GTA or a further 13 years before he could legally buy a drink.

Shit. I heard about this today at school, but, the idiots twisted the story a bit. They put it that the kid walked up to a stand randomly took a gun and cooly put the gun to his head and shit himself, but they are apparently lying bastards.

But, the instructors should have been responsible enough to know an 8 year old couldnt handle the recoil of a fully automatic of what appears to be a 9mm smg, they are to be blamed, them and the parents.
I agree that the instructor(s) should have been responsible, as well as the parents. It should just be common damn sense to not let a 8 year old use a firearm of any kind. Poor kid did have his whole life ahead of him...

Bananas

Endangered Species
What does either of those have to do with an eight year old accidentally killing himself?
Nothing, it has to do with an 8 year old being ALLOWED to fire an Automatic weapon. Accidents can be avoided and this accident could of been easily prevented with the lowest level of common sense and a fraction of responsibility.

I may seem a little uncompassionate here but what kind of father allows his child to fire an Automatic weapon? and what type of kid picks it up? and what kind of state allows it all to happen legally?

The kid has not even got pubes and he is being allowed to fire something extremely dangerous.... where is the reponsibility? it is worthy of a Darwin award!

An 8 year old should not be handling a fully automatic weapon, legal or not, I would prefer to see him get drunk and play violent video games...but no because 8 year olds firing Automatic weapons is legal(and activly encouraged) the kid will never have the chance to do either of the above.

Last edited: