• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bounced Checks

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LV....its all been taken care of now. She got her ticket and wants to keep it for a future trip and she ended the complaint. WHEW! One thing I have learend ALWAYS get a tracking number and DONT sell things for other people unless you are shipping the item yourself! Dont get me wrong, my friend did what she was suppose to, just not as quickly as needed........but it all worked out! :)

palefrost

Registered Member
I have taken checks in the past but after reading this thread and realizing this is just a small group of sellers and you had such bad experiences that kind of scares me off from excepting them in the future.

Ive had more buyers that sent me cash and asking for change back on items. I would never send money in the mail but it seems to be common for buyers that i have dealt with.

karenlyn

Registered Member
I don't accept checks. People who are advanced enough to be buying on the internet should be advanced enough to use Paypal or similar. Or even a money order if necessary.

Personal checks just aren't worth the bother.

Melos

Registered Member
I used to take personal checks until I had 2 in a week that bounced on me - from different people. After 5 years in business, it wasn't a lot, but it just soured me to the idea. I get along fince with money orders and PayPal.

katharina

Registered Member
I used to take personal checks until I had 2 in a week that bounced on me - from different people. After 5 years in business, it wasn't a lot, but it just soured me to the idea. I get along fince with money orders and PayPal.
Last week I was considering taking personal checks again because people seemed so appreciative when I took them in the past. I'm glad to say that after reading all this, I will be changing my mind on that. :shake:

Plumley

Registered Member
Last week I was considering taking personal checks again because people seemed so appreciative when I took them in the past. I'm glad to say that after reading all this, I will be changing my mind on that. :shake:
Back before PayPal I always appreciated it when a seller would take a personal check. It saved me a trip and we could complete the transaction faster. Now I'm just as happy to use PayPal. To me, accepting PayPal is a better service for a seller to provide than taking a check.

Samm

This is one of the reasons peopl are so wary of accepting checks, because one bad apple ruins the bunch, but I agree that paypal is the way to go.