Bought a Blackberry bold 9700

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've had my current phone since January 2009 and I've been paying a crazy amount every month because I passed my text limit. Anyway, I decided to buy a new phone yesterday. I went to my cell phone local store and the guy told me that I could upgrade to any phone except the Blackberry. So I was pretty pissed because I had to pay the full amount to purchase one, which was 600$ so I said fuck that.

I went home and called my cell phone company and told them my situation, and they were able to help me out. I bought the phone for 149$ and got a good three year data plan that as unlimited text(which is key) call display, 500mb of internet per month and some other stuff.

It's going to be dropped off by mail in the next three or five business days. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. But now I just need to get use to it :lol:

Last edited:

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It's a very great phone, I absolutely adore it. I am getting one as soon as my contract expires in August :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Hey that's the phone I got a couple of months ago too. Same model with awesome plan. I'm quite happy with it. It didn't take a long time to get used to it. But yeah, if you have questions or something I might be able to help you out.

PS. PM me your PIN!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Got my new phone yesterday by courier yesterday, it took me a while to set up everything. The reason is because I had to change my data plan, I thought I had the BB data plan but that wasn't the case. But that's all fixed now and I am happy.

The phone is amazing, it's far more entertaining then my last one and has way more options. It will be cheaper per month as well which makes me extremely happy. I think I made the right decision.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I've got a BB, too. The clarity of the pictures suck, however; but that's my only complaint with the phone this far and I've had it for a year.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think you have to, Kay. Because without an internet plan you cannot really take advantage of the a lot of its features - you might as well get an ordinary phone.

Stormgirl: pin, nao!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I have the internet packaga as well. Now I am just downloading a few free applications like Facebook and The World Cup application. Now I'm just trying to find a free application that will give me scores of all sports.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Oh okay, that's really awesome BR. I'm looking into getting a Blackberry as well.

I'm thinking after October, once my current runs out, I should be able to completely cut off of my parents cell plan and get my own... But I'm wary since I don't make a lot and it would probably take all of my funds. So I might wait until after I join the military, that way I don't start a plan with AT&T and find out I'm moving to Scotland or something lol Though I think it's unlikely I will be transferred there.

I want to hear all about the phone, what are some other cool features?