• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

BOTB - Round 3 - Voting Thread 2

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
Part 2 of Round 3.

Nirvana vs. Black Sabbath

YouTube - Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
YouTube - Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave

Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. Linkin Park

YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop (Video)
YouTube - Linkin Park - "New Divide"

The Rolling Stones vs. AC/DC

YouTube - The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
YouTube - AC/DC - Back In Black

Queen vs. Tool

YouTube - Queen - 'We Will Rock You'
YouTube - Tool - Schism

I honestly don't know why i'm still posting videos. If you don't know most of these bands you need to take your head out from under a rock, and probably shouldn't be voting anyway.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
In first match-up I went with Nirvana. Not a fan of Black Sabbath whatsoever, so it was a pretty easy decision for me.

Linkin Park gets the nod in the second round, I do like a few of the Red Hot Chili Peppers songs, but Linkin Park is one of my favorite "new bands" meaning somebody that didn't come out in 80s.

I only like one song from Rolling Stones, so the third match-up was easy for me once again. I went with the extremely talented guys from Australia.

The last match-up is simply a joke in my opinion, if TOOL ends up winning against Queen then that's pure robbery.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
These were a lot tougher for me but I went...

Nirvana
Linkin Park
Rolling Stones
Queen

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Black Sabbath
Linkin Park
The Rolling Stones
Tool

The final pairing this time was a doddle. TOOL ARE AMAZING.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I voted for Niravna, Linkin Park and the Rolling Stones.

I have never heard of Black Sabbath or Tool.

Dekzper

Registered Member
1. Nirvana
I didn't know wtf Nirvana or Black Sabbath was when BOTB started. So I listened to a lot of youtubes for both. I just think Nirvana is a lot more creative. :nod:

2. Linkin Park
I cant find any RHCP track that can touch the epicness of Hybrid Theory, some tracks on other albums, or New Divide! :D

3. Rolling Stones
I knew who the Rolling Stones were. I was kinda forced into listening to them once... and hated it! But I didn't know wtf AC/DC was so I listened to a ton of tracks by both. I still wasn't very hyped till I heard Goats Head Soup and especially Their Satanic Majestys Request! Omg! I gotta get that album! :D

4. Tool
Are u f**ken joking!? :-o

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I don't really care for any of the bands in here. I voted for ones that I can tolerate listening to for more than 2 minutes at a time. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
These were pretty easy for me.

Nirvana, RHCP, and the Stones are no-brainers.

Tool vs Queen was a little more difficult. I don't necessarily dislike Queen, but I agree with Lauren that they're really overrated. From what I've heard of Tool they seem like really talented musicians, so I'm going with them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 12
Impact Music 13
Impact Music 21
Impact Music 11
Impact Music 13