• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

BOTB - Round 3 - Voting Thread 1

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
Round 3 of Battle of the Bands. Things are starting to get tough, at least for me I know it is. A few surprise knockouts last round. But here are the first lot of bands that made it through.

Breaking Benjamin vs. Pink Floyd

YouTube - Breaking Benjamin - The Diary of Jane
YouTube - Pink Floyd The Wall - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Disturbed

YouTube - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll
YouTube - Disturbed - Down With The Sickness (Video) (Explicit)

Muse vs. Incubus
YouTube - Muse - Supermassive Black Hole - Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSYiSqx--7o

Queens of the Stone Age vs. Metallica
YouTube - Queens Of The Stone Age - Little Sister
YouTube - Metallica - Master Of Puppets With lyrics

Let the voting commence

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
woo, I can actually start voting for these since I've heard them all :p

(I know, I know, I could have checked out vids before.. better late than never, right...)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Pink Floyd - I just think that they're a classic band with a unique sound; I like BB but I have to go with Pink Floyd.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Disturbed is a great band, and I know there are a lot of fans around here. But I think Yeah Yeah Yeahs are a much more versatile and creative band, sorry.

Incubus - My 2nd favorite band of all time. Sorry, Muse. :)

Queens of the Stone Age - I like their sound/creativity more, and I'm not a huge Metallica fan. P.S. - Lars Ulrich is a tool.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
These were all pretty easy for me even though I'm a huge Breaking Benjamin fan.

Floyd
Disturbed
Incubus
Metallica

Impact

V.I.P.
Pretty easy round for me actually. Pink Floyd, Disturbed and Metallica were no brainers, but it was difficult to choose between Incubus and Muse. Went with Muse in the end.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pretty easy round for me actually. Pink Floyd, Disturbed and Metallica were no brainers, but it was difficult to choose between Incubus and Muse. Went with Muse in the end.
I think need to listen to more of Muse...I've liked everything I've heard so far.

So I thought it would be fair for me to listen to Yeah Yeah Yeahs since I've never heard of them.

They are TERRIBLE. Wtf is that song you posted on here? Its awful, lol.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Breaking Benjamin
Disturbed
Muse
Metallica

The final pairing was difficult for me. I adore QOTSA, but Metallica won in the end, I just thing they're ultimately better. Their music strikes me a lot harder than QOTSAs. :S

Impact

V.I.P.
I think need to listen to more of Muse...I've liked everything I've heard so far.

So I thought it would be fair for me to listen to Yeah Yeah Yeahs since I've never heard of them.

They are TERRIBLE. Wtf is that song you posted on here? Its awful, lol.
You really should. Start with umm Absolution or Black Holes and Revelations albums first. or check out the Muse thread, there are some good suggestions for single songs in there.

Hey, I don't know the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I just posted the first hit that came up on YouTube. Its the only band still in that I don't know any songs by, and i'm not gonna be changing that any time soon. :lol:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I voted for Metallica and Incubus. Those are my only favorites.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
When I was a little kid, one of my brothers attempted to coolify me by making me listen to Floyd's "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" after trying some of his weed. "It's a dog barking into a synthesizer," I remember him saying with a big smile. I've been a fan ever since. Strangely, I don't have a single preference among the other three pairs. They're all right on the same level for me. For that reason, I'm only ticking the one all-important box.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 9
Impact Music 13
Impact Music 21
Impact Music 11
Impact Music 13