• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

BOTB - Round 1 - Voting Thread 3

Who do you prefer? 1 vs 2. 3 vs 4. 5 vs 6. 7 vs 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impact

V.I.P.
Round 1 consists of 32 bands that received one nomination only. I know in the other thread I said that your top 3 picks would definitely be going through, but again because of the numbers I had to change that. You will all have at least two bands in this stage, unless you picked a band that had more than one nomination, in which case they get introduced in later rounds.

I'm trying to make this as simple as possible, but I don't want to make a separate thread for each. 8 bands will be in each poll, but you will need to make 4 votes. So poll option 1 and 2 will face off against each other, 3 and 4, etc, etc. and you would vote for one in each pair. I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, voice so in this thread and i'll try and explain it better

The bands facing off against each other were chosen by a list randomizer, don't bitch to me about who is facing off against who.

And because i'm nice to you all, and enjoy making more work for myself i'm posting a song link for each band facing off against each other. If you are unfamiliar with one of the bands, then listen to the link and decide from that. And if i'm unfamiliar with the band, i'm just posting the first song that comes up in youtube

311 vs. Florence and the Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_yMkBYHY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGrx6etMl0w

The Midnight Beast vs. She Wants Revenge

YouTube - The Midnight Beast - Tik Tok (kesha) Parody
YouTube - Tear You Apart

Stone Sour vs. Backstreet Boys lol

YouTube - "Say You'll Haunt Me" - Official Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DwkMDMUgg8

Shinedown vs. Radiohead

YouTube - Shinedown - Second Chance (Video)
YouTube - Radiohead - Creep

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can only vote in one match-up in this one, and yes I'm voting for Backstreet Boys. I'm not going to lie, I do enjoy some of their songs. Me and my friends have sung along to them on different occasion and it was always a hilarious time. I'm not fan of the other bands in this round.

Bliss

Sally Twit
First of all LMFAO @ The Backstreet Boys

Florence and the Machine are wonderful. Dog Days Are Over is very much overplayed on my iPod but I don't care.

She Wants Revenge are in my top five favourite bands of all time. They have such a great sound. It's like 80's mixed with 90's but TODAY.

I don't have a clue who Stone Sour are but they win.

Radiohead are a fantastic group. I love their sound and they suit any mood.
------
BR, that is why Lauren has given you some songs to listen to so you can pick one in each category regardless.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
311 is my favorite band of all time...their music is just incredibly beyond words. A perfect fusion of rock/alternative, hip-hop, reggae, funk, etc. Their music breeds positivity more than any band I've heard of...they've been going strong since 1989 or so. I could write on and on about them, but most people around here know how much I like them...that's where I get my username, after all. I really don't know Florence and the Machine at all, lol.

While I haven't heard a ton of She Wants Revenge, I love their sound and I really need to remember to pick up an album. Tear You Apart rules, and I love their guest appearance in this Timbaland song: YouTube - Timbaland - Time Ft. She wants Revenge

Sorry but I loathe the Backstreet Boys...that teenie bopper stuff almost killed me in high school. While I like pop now a lot, boy bands are one of the things I really can't enjoy. Stone Sour isn't bad at all, they get my vote.

Radiohead is one of those classic bands with a unique and creative sound that helped to define what good alternative music can be, they get my vote.
------
EDIT: I like Kiss with a Fist a lot, I've heard that before...but they're definitely no 311 ;). Maybe if they teamed up with another 10 bands...

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I went with Florence and the Machine because I love her voice.

The Midnight Beast were an easy pick as well, as i'm going to see them this weekend!

Although I do actually like a couple Backstreet Boys songs, i'm going with Stone Sour because I love them, AND I think Corey Taylor is amazing.

I went with Shinedown over Radiohead. While I love one Radiohead song, I like a number of Shinedown tunes.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Three easy choices for me and that's 311, Stone Sour and Shinedown...

Stone Sour and Shinedown are simply amazing, Corey Taylor is a God, and also 311 is very good.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
1. 311

2. Never heard of either of these, but went with She Wants Revenge based on the songs that were posted.

3. Stone Sour. I don't really have to listen to them to pick them over Backstreet Boys. WTF?

4. Radiohead. One of my favorite bands.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
1. 311

2. Never heard of either of them

3. Stone Sour....BY FAR

4. I love both of these bands. This one was very hard but had to go with Shinedown, only because they have more songs that I like, although I have to say I HATE their version of Simple Man. Everything else I really like.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Why is there so much discussion about the backstreet boys? lol YES I VOTED for them and I don't care if ya'll think that's lame haha..

Hi5 BR!

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I recused myself on this thread since I've never heard of most of them. I didn't feel right about casting a vote.

I was sure that Biz nominated the Back Street Boys.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Music 9
Impact Music 12
Impact Music 13
Impact Music 21
Impact Music 11