Boston

Discussion in 'Sports' started by padd, Apr 26, 2008.

1. padd

padd Registered Member

is there a coincidence or is there a reason to why all 4 of their teams are good!?

2. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

I have no idea. But my mom says that its because they have too much money and that they just buy all of their players...or her words are "steal" all of the good players from other teams. I dont agree with this. We do have some good home-grown talent

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Boston teams have money, but all four teams actually have hreat management. Yeah the Red Sox spent a lot of money but half their success was due to their minor league system not the big names they spent money on. Im not a huge sox fan but they have some of the best management out there.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think it's just recently that everything's coming together. College sports goes through up and down periods with incoming and leaving students. Patriots have been consistent. Red Sox won last year. Boston basically has an All-Star basketball team starting this year. Not sure about the Bruins though...

5. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

well the Bruins made it into the playoffs...which proves that they have a pretty efficient team

6. padd

padd Registered Member

The Bruins made it to the playoffs and almost upset the 1st place Canadiens...

not bad for a team who played the entire season without their best player, as well as finishing close to last the last few seasons.

it's gotta be in the management now that you mentioned it.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Red Sox have a great roster of young and old players as well as an incredible manager. Money plays into it, but not as much as everyone says. Some of the Sox's best players are not big money players or guys they signed from big deals. Youkilis, Pedroia, Varitek, Wakefield, Papelbon, Ellsbury, Bucholz, Delcarmen, and Lester are all great young players. The only "big money" names I can think of are Ramirez, Schilling, Matsuzaka, and now Ortiz (Who I don't believe is making as much as most people would expect.