• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Boston Marathon Bombing: Conspiracy Theories

dDave

V.I.P.
I know that this issue is close to several of you, just know that this thread isn't meant to offend anyone.

There are several conspiracy theories floating around concerning the tragic bombing. Some of them seem to actually make sense.
INSANE: Conspiracy theorists link Family Guy, Boston marathon bombing – Glenn Beck

That one about Family Guy seems undeniably connected. I feel pretty confident that they got the idea from that show.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
But it's been proven that the Family Guy scene in particular has been edited. It never actually happened like that in the real show. Some people from the internet edited two different scenes together to make it seem like it was related to the attacks.

dDave

V.I.P.
But it's been proven that the Family Guy scene in particular has been edited. It never actually happened like that in the real show. Some people from the internet edited two different scenes together to make it seem like it was related to the attacks.
I don't watch Family Guy but from what I understand, Peter killed the other participants to win the marathon and then later on (in the same episode) he triggered two explosions dressed as a muslim. (not meaning to offend anyone here). The events may or may not have been connected within the actual show.

If the events were inspired by this episode of Family Guy, I can't help but wonder if the bomber may have been somebody in the race.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are people that believe this shit about that episode of Family Guy and won't do any digging to find out the facts.

dDave

V.I.P.
There are people that believe this shit about that episode of Family Guy and won't do any digging to find out the facts.
I understand the events aren't really connected at all within the episode. But the fact is that both of those scenes occur in the same episode. I'd just like to note that this would have disturbed me just as much if it had only been the first scene that is shown.

It definitely raises a few questions when you see it (just the first scene). You can't help but think that the idea may have come from this. Of course that's unintentional, but even still...