Bosh MVP

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In yesterdays game vs the Magic the Raptor fans where screaming MVP when Bosh had the ball, and when he was on the free throw line. I was wondering if you guys consider him a candidate?

Now I know that a lot of you don't see Bosh often because he plays in Canada, but trust me he's the one leading the Raptors, I know they're only 3 games over 500. but I believe they're going get better, and teams should start to fear this team. I don't consider him the top runner but I would put him in the top 5 because he's been a monster so far, and he's only going to improve has the season goes on.

2. tmac_for_mvp

tmac_for_mvp Guest

The Raptors are playing tremendous basketball, but as good as they are, there is no way Bosh is getting the MVP title this year, the Raps probably won't win more than 45 games, and to win the award, you have to win, and more than that, the proof would probably be the fact that McGrady didn't win the 03 MVP, he was averaging 32 points, the highest since Jordan's 37 points average, and led his team to about 45 wins, yet....no MVP. As good as Bosh is playing, he is way far from McGrady's stats that year and won't win more than the Magic did.

3. Babe_Ruth

The Raptors are on pace to win 43 games this season, that is 18-20 more then a lot of experts expected from them, and I think he deserve consideration. I also don't think he's going to win it, because Nash and Nowitzky have been better for there teams then Bosh, but I would put Bosh in the Top 5 MVP candidates.

Also even if you average 32 points, doesn't mean that your a MVP candidate it's how important you are for your team.

4. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Kobe Thinks Bosh Is An MVP Candidate

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44635/20070210/kobe_thinks_bosh_is_an_mvp_candidate/

5. Babe_Ruth

WOW!!! Those are huge words coming out of Kobe Bryant mouth, and I totally agree with him. The things he's been able to do this year for the Raptors especially as of late he does deserve MVP considerations. When is team needed him last night he put is team on is shoulders and sanked 10 consecutive shots to help the Raps win. That's what a MVP does. Love the chants, especially yesterdays one because they were incredibly loud.

6. bballinyao06

bballinyao06 Guest

Even though Bosh is playing great basketball, I don't think he'll win MVP. There are several other candidates that are better than him; Nash, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Dirk, Carmelo, etc. etc. He probably will be a candidate but I don't think he has a chance to win. Maybe in a few years but not now...

7. Babe_Ruth

Oh I totally agree that he has no chance of winning the MVP this season. I am just saying that he should be a top 5 candidate for what he has done for the Raptors franchise. He's been playing like a monster lately, and he's the biggest reason why the Raptors are a couple of games over 500. But I just wrote this because a lot of experts been saying that he's been playing like a MVP lately, so I just wanted to know everyones input.

8. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I think he has a chance because he has been a huge part of his team and has been a big reason why they are on the right track once again. He should have his name mentioned for it but I think that guys like Dirk and Nash should get it over him because they have been around longer and IMO are are just a tad better.

9. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

I'd say he may get a few 3rd to 5th place votes, but it's coming down to Nash and Nowitzki.

Still it'll raise his profile to be considered and if the Raptors are one of the top Eastern teams again, he may get a serious look next year.

10. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

If the Raps can keep their heads above water and keep playing good. If they sink down then Bosh will not be reconized as much because how can you be an MVP if your team is at the basement of the NBA. I think it will do wonders for him to atleast be mentioned but thats as far as he will get.