Borrowing/Lending money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Does it bother you to borrow money from someone or lending it to someone?

Also I am talking about 100$ minimum, and it's to someone that you see at least see once a week?

Thoughts?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I don't like to lend or borrow money. That is a great way to kill a friendship.
    i make it my policy to never lend or borrow money.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I dont like to borrow money from others, parents or friends alike, it just makes me feel guilty and all. I've been independent for the longest and always worked for what I have, it's just a weird feeling for me. But, I don't mind lending someone some money as long as I know they are good about returning it without me asking.

~Shwa

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't like to borrow money and will only borrow it if there is a reason I need it and don't have my own but know I can pay the person back. But that doesn't happen that often.

Lending money I only do to people I know very well, and there aren't many people that I would.

Funny you made this thread, my mum talked to me today and asked for a $10,000 loan, of course I will because she is my mum lol.

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I hate borrowing and I try to avoid it when I can. I'm way too proud to do it.

I feel awkward lending money, I never mind doing it, but I've been screwed over so many times I find myself getting really paranoid if they will pay it back or not. (aka my sister has borrowed serious amounts of cash from me when she was a druggie and I haven't seen that much of it back, same with my mom)

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not a big fan what so ever of being in debt to anyone. I have however in the past borrowed 5 bucks here or 5 bucks there but always pay back promptly and usually more than what I borrowed in the first place. However I'm usually rarely if ever put in the situation where I borrow.

7. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never borrowed a penny in my life, only from parents but I didn't have to pay it back because......just because....

I've never leant anyone serious amounts of money but if it was a friend who I could trust and really needed it then I would lend them the sufficient money without hesitation.

8. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate borrowing money from anyone even if it is only a tiny amount. I just don't feel right about it. Rarely am I put in the situation where I need to and it is usually only if I forgot my debit card or something.

I don't mind lending money, as it is just money, but I do start to mind it when I start getting taken advantage of just to spend my money all the time.. Which is a huge part of what is killing my current relationship.

It really depends on the person and how much money it is too, but usually I am fine with helping them out.

9. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I would never lend or borrow $100+! That's way too much to be worrying about. But I have no problem lending or borrowing smaller amounts... sometimes you need it.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

If I lack a dollar or two at school, I usually ask a mate to give me it and I'll pay him back the next day, and we do the same to each other. It's just a thing we do daily.

But to borrow a hundo, never. I never ask for money that's over 5 dollars, but when it comes to lending over 10 bucks, I am greedy.