Borrowing/Lending Chapstick

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you ask people if you can borrow their chapstick?

Do you let people borrow yours if they ask you?

No for me in both cases and especially guys. I mean, come on. Don't even ask. I don't get why people would even ask.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This is one of those "pad your footprints" threads. :shake:

I've never had anyone ask to borrow Chapstick, and I would never ask anyone. If someone asked I would say no. Chapstick just isn't something to be shared.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
chapstick is a lipstick for dry lips?

i don't usually use it. but if i did, i wouldn't give it to any one. it's something too personal.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I would never ask to borrow someone's chapstick, it's got all their germs and things on it.

I would never let anyone borrow my chapstick if they asked. I don't want them touching it with their lips or anything. It's something that should have a single user.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I don't use it and I would never ask to use anyone elses. It's a pretty gross idea.
I buy Vaseline and I let people use that but I tell them they're only allowed to put their finger in the tin once. Once it touches their lips they're not putting their finger back in.

I'll save you the trouble...
that's what she said

Man, I haven't used chapstick in ages. At the age that I was when I last used it semi frequently, I no doubt used my mum's. Other than that, no. I don't like the idea, it's like borrowing roll on deodorant. My cousin slept at my house recently and asked to use some deodorant in the morning so I told her it's not spray and she just gave me a funny "so what?" look, so I said ok, but you can keep it after you've used it, lol.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
so I said ok, but you can keep it after you've used it, lol.
Seriously.

I live in a fairly dry climate and chapstick comes in handy quite often. You'd think people would have some on hand. Surprisingly it's a fairly common question around here. The worst part is that more often than not I see people lending it out no problem. Uggh. That's not how I roll. :lol:

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I'm pretty sure i've used my sisters, and she has used mine at some point. It does kinda gross me out a little but I try not to think about it. Other than that, no.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm not a chapstick user, really, so I don't pay attention much to this. I think I'm fine with lending/borrowing such to someone I wouldn't mind kissing on the lips, haha.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I guess it's a derivative of living through Canadian winters? Chapstick (or Carmex, more often) is valuable stuff here! Provided said person didn't have cold-sores or anything like that, sure, I've got no trouble sharing with most people if they need it.

Although, I guess Carmex is easier, since you use your finger to apply.