born again

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by raddmadd, Aug 27, 2006.

1. raddmadd

raddmadd Registered Member

hey peoplz, check this stuff out, this is how you get saved, what do we get saved from? sin.

John 3:3 (Jesus says) "you must be born again to enter into Heaven"

"born again" is the spiritual birth. we are born once physically, then we must be born again, spiritually. Heres two sources on how to become born again:

http://www.4stepstogod.com

http://christianteens.about.com/od/evangelism/a/becomechristian.htm

so basically,

we are imperfect. and cannot be among a perfect God. but Jesus died for our sins so that we could be forgiven of them.He was punished for what we did, He took the punishment we should of recieved for sinning. so basically, if we accept Jesus, we can be forgiven of all our sins, so its like we are perfect, and we have no punishment ahead of us, since Jesus already took it. to recieve Jesus' sacrifice for our sins we must:

1. believe that God sent Jesus, and that Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

2. be willing to turn away from our sins, to God.

3. accept Jesus as your Saviour, and Lord. accept Him as first in your life.

4. tell someone your saved after all this, Jesus said "if you do not confess me before men, i will not confess you before my Father in Heaven"

here is an example prayer:

God, i believe that you sent your son to die for our sins, i believe He is the only way to Heaven, and the only way to you. i am willing to try my best to not sin, and turn to you. i now accept your son into my life and heart, as Saviour, and as Lord, as first in my life. i want to serve you always. please cleanse me of my sins, and give me eternal life.

in Jesus' Name, amen.

do it now, become born again now.

2 corinthians 6:2
    (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

and also, if you've never heard this before, this is why:

John 3:7-8
    7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    John 3:7-8
    8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

God bless <><

2. Blur

Blur iPimp

"4. tell someone your saved after all this, Jesus said "if you do not confess me before men, i will not confess you before my Father in Heaven"
    "

Can you elaborate this a bit more? I've never heard of this part.

3. raddmadd

well, water baptism is a way to do this, its the way Jesus commands. you have to have a witness that you are saved.

4. breathilizer

breathilizer Resident Ass-Kisser

In other words, if the Bible has a lick of truth to it, I'm pretty much fucked.

Meh. *shrugs shoulders* :rolleyes:

5. Blur

Blur iPimp

Would it count for my parents and godfather when I was baptised as a baby?

6. raddmadd

no. lol how can you confess that your saved when your not. how do you get saved when your a baby?

no, God has mercy, He sent His son in His mercy, why wouldn't you take the salvation He's offering you?

7. Blur

Blur iPimp

So what would you sugguest? I dont know what to do then.

8. raddmadd

are you saved?

9. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

Well while I see exactly what your saying and I agree we as people of Christ can only tell them of the things that the Lord has done for us. He is also a God of free will. Meaning that we have to choose to let him into our hearts. We have to choose to strive to be more perfect in his eyes and keep ourselves humble and serving to him.

So if there are some after you confess to them that you are saved and you are walking the righteous walk that do not choose to see for themselves what an Awesome God He is then that is there choice. He does not force Himself into the hearts of others. He just lets them know that He is there and all they have to do it let Him in.

10. raddmadd

haha no He doesn't force Himself. read Mark 16:15, this is why us Christians teach.