Bored with traditional dining?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by ysabel, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Try out dining as extreme sport!

[​IMG]

Source: Eating to Extremes | Print Article | Newsweek.com

Anyone else imagine "free fall" ride with that last sentence? :lol:

Anyway, would you try this out? There are other examples of "extreme dining" in that article, including riding a giant ferris wheel (similar to London Eye) or dining as blind (in the dark) or at a snow restaurant (everything in the resto structure is made of ice). I think they'll be cool to try. :)

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think all the ones you mentioned would be pretty cool to try. I'm not a huge fan of heights unless i'm strapped in, so the dining in the sky one would be alright. Just imagine the views!

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I feel funny just looking at that picture. I would not do that in a million years. I like my lunch without a side of vomit.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

wow. i would die out of fear for heights.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The one for the blind is a restaurant in Paris. They lead you in your seat into a dark room with blind guides to help you with the dining experience. It seems that they want to have a sense test (taste being stronger when you can't see?) --- i wonder if it's similar to having sex in complete darkness. :hah:

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I don't think I'd enjoy this at all, it doesn't appeal to me.

7. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I think they all sound like they could be fun, but I wouldn't be willing to pay them thousands of dollars just to have an interesting dining experience.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

It looks interesting, I would like to give it a try one day, would be something different lol.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

LOL :lol:
    Yeah I could definitely be persuaded to try it, I'm not too bothered by heights usually. I think I'd prefer the other ones you listed though, they sound more like something I'd want to do. But still, yeah, I wouldn't mind trying this.