• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Borat

anarch

Alright... I rented this movie on Netflix the other day and, in all honesty, I have to ask what kind of drugs the people were on, not only to MAKE this movie, but to watch it and RAVE about it as well. I wouldn't even bother with saying it's degrading.. it's just inane and boring. Even my kids said that it was a dumb and very boring movie...and that's saying a lot (yes, I slapped a hand over their eyes at the naked men rolling about, though I still have nightmares... all that ... hair! Eww!)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Man, I heard about that scene and that's what kept me away from that movie. I don't really like "stupid" comedies though. I like dramas and action. :)

I am a fan of Dumb and Dumber though so I can't say I hate all stupid comedies. That is definitely one of the dumber of the ones out there... get it? Sorry, horrible pun.

cheezer465

Registered Member
i saw pARTS OF IT AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE STUPIDEST MOVIE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

maledoro

Strange Visitor
I liked Borat. Reading the reactions of the people who were "involved" with it made it more amusing. The fratboys who had no problem making fools out of themselves in front of a stranger and his camera crew, but freaked when they found out that others would see their behavior and claimed that they didn't know that they were going to be in a movie. The people at the rodeo who didn't have a problem showing their bigotry was amusing, too.

In fact, out of all of the people who "have been had", the elderly Jewish couple who owned the bed and breakfast suspected something weird was going on when they had overheard Baron-Cohen and Davitian speaking Yiddish and Hebrew to themselves.

"Is niice!"

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
It had it's funny moments, But in my humble oppinion, it did not deserve the same "cultural phenomenon" status as 300 did. 300 was a truly epic movie, as Borat, was nowhere near the same level.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Considering that critics have their fingers on the pulse of culture, they rated 300 much lower than they had Borat.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I think most people agree that at times critics can be retarded... at times. And yes... The scene with Borat and his overweight friend was... Well, it made my eyes bleed.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I wanted my heart to explode just so I didn't have to see it anymore.

To me, Borat is cool to put on when no one wants to pay attention to the television and would rather peek up for a laugh every once and a while, then go back to things that are worth their attention.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So you're saying that I like G-rated, wholesome comedy, eh?

You've got a lot to learn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Music 4
Impact Music 2
icegoat63 Movies & TV 7
Merc Politics & Law 6
Kazmarov Music 4