• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Books you have always wanted to read...

Elanor

Registered Member
Are there any books you have always wanted to read, but not gotten around to yet?

I have wanted to read Gormenghast for years. I used to have my Mum's old copy, but it has been lost in one of many house moves. One day I will get a cheap copy, but so far I have not bothered. It is apparently a very strange book, but I would like to try reading it for myself.

Also, The Once and Future King by T.H. White. It is a King Arthur/Merlin story. I have had a copy on my bookshelf for years, but there have always been other things to read.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've been wanting to read Dante's Inferno for the longest time. But I know if I had to start with it now, I wouldn't finish it. I will get to it one day though. The same goes for Moby Dick and Don Quixote.

I'm not the most experienced reader though, having mostly read fantasy novels. So I kind of feel like I have to advance myself towards a point where I would appreciate those books better.

whiteraven

Registered Member
I keep debating on whether I should read Game of thromes. I'm not sure I will get into it though even though I've scene some of the series they made from it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've been meaning to read the last three or four books of Clancy's Jack Ryan series for a long time now. I don't think I've touched a book from the series since 2008.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
There are a lot of classics that I have never read before but would like to...Sense and Sensibility, Little Women, 1984, Catcher in the Rye (I think?) and Catch 22 come to mind almost immediately.

Elanor

Registered Member
There are a few of the 'classics' I think I would like to read. But then I wonder if I want to read because I want to, or feel like I should. I have a copy of Pride and Prejudice which I feel like one day I should read

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
There are a few of the 'classics' I think I would like to read. But then I wonder if I want to read because I want to, or feel like I should. I have a copy of Pride and Prejudice which I feel like one day I should read
that's another one on my list. My step mother loves that book and has reread it so many times that she has completely gone through 3 copies of the book.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've been wanting to read Dante's Inferno for the longest time. But I know if I had to start with it now, I wouldn't finish it. I will get to it one day though. The same goes for Moby Dick and Don Quixote.

I'm not the most experienced reader though, having mostly read fantasy novels. So I kind of feel like I have to advance myself towards a point where I would appreciate those books better.
Dante's Inferno is awesome, but very heavy reading and takes patience at times. I've always wanted to read The Art of War. It gets referenced a lot and seems like it would be a great book.

brikaben

Registered Member
I have always wanted to read The Wheel of Times series ever since I was in high school when the first one came out.

I started reading them in about September last year and I am on the 5th book right now.

I am really enjoying it so far.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Reading 9
Mirage Reading 3
Impaired Reading 1
AmericanMusic Reading 5
MissMe Reading 7