Books thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With Jeanie joining the forums, and her being a big fan of reading books, I've decided to start this thread.

If you have any suggestions, or you're just done reading a book and you wanted to share your thoughts with everyone, then just post it here.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I just gave up on Game of Thrones in the middle of book 2. other friends say they loved it and I shouldn't have given up, but I'm about to start World War Z for a book club. Looking forward to that one.

For my wrestling buff friends here, my friends Pat Laprade & Bertrand Hebert wrote a book about the history of pro wrestling in Montreal called Mad Dogs, Midgets & Screwjobs. It covers the whole story of wrestling in Montreal from the 1900's all the way to today. They were at the Fan Expo in Toronto to present and sell their book. I know for a fact (with pictures to prove it) that both Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have received the book. And as Pat told me, Hogan was really happy to get the book as he relived many memories from his heydays in the territory.

It's published by ECW Press and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it soon in the Toronto area. BUY IT! ;)

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yes! I like to read. Currently reading City of Bones and World War Z. I like CoB, it's interesting. WWZ is good. but I am not a fan of the format. But, it's still early in the book so I think I'll get used to it. It's about zombies, it's hard to fuck up zombies.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm also reading World War Z since I'm in the same book club as Jeanie and Muffmuncher. I'm on Chapter 3 and I like it so far. I will agree that the format is a bit off, but I seem to be adjusting to it.

I also picked up a copy of The Walking Dead: Rise of Woodbury by Robert Kirkman. It's a novel based off the comic and it focuses mostly on the origins of The Governor and his township, Woodbury. I'll probably start that AFTER I finish World War Z.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I want to add that I've finished the chapter and I'm really into the book now. The format is bothering me less and less as I read on. It's well written and very engaging.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
eep I didn't start WWZ yet. Since I got a nook that's loaded with about 200 books, including NOS4A2, I started that one. I'm more than halfway through it already.

It's excellent, I highly recommend it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
It's a supernatural/vampire story.

It's by Joe Hill, who is Stephen King's son. His first two novels are pretty good, too - Horns, which was decent, and Heart Shaped Box, which was fantastic. I couldn't put it down.

Just finished Slaughter House 5, a really good/quick read. It's very dark, subtle humor, I recommend it highly. And those that like Game of Thrones, I always recommend Steven Erikson's series "A Tale of the Malazan Book of the Fallen". Its a SUPER long series though probably 5x longer then that of GoT but well worth it. Currently on book 7 of 10 and its hard to leave for too long.