• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Books Read in 2013

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Here is my list of books I completed in 2013. Doesn't include books I may have started and not finished for some reason, only ones I finished.

Pretty small list this year, Uni and other things made it hard for me to read a lot.

1. A Game of Thrones – George R R Martin
2. The Casual Vacancy – J K Rowling
3. Sing You Home – Jodi Picoult (Re-Read)
4. House Rules – Jodi Picoult
5. Seriously… I’m Kidding – Ellen Degeneres
6. Gweilo – Martin Booth
7. Is It Just Me? – Miranda Hart
8. The Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Galbraith
9. Boy Tales of Childhood – Roald Dahl (Re-Read)

One thing that I am happy about though is that there is only two re-reads on the list. I usually have a bad habit of reading the same books over and over instead of reading new ones.

What did you read this year?

Oh and while I enjoyed all the books on that list, my favourite of them would probably be House Rules by Jodi Picoult. I couldn't put it down!

Elanor

Registered Member
I haven't read that much this year, in fact I am struggling to remember what I have read :lol:

Off the top of my head:

1) The Casual Vacancy - JK Rowling
2) The Dante Club - Matthew Pearl
3) The Treatment - Mo Hayder
4) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - JK Rowling
5) Carpe Jugulum - Terry Pratchett
6) The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett
7) The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien

There are a few that I have started and not finished, mainly because I don't like them. The first 3 were books I haven't read before, out of those the one I liked the best was The Dante Club. Once I got into it I had to keep reading.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I got through only one book this year. It was Prophecy by S.J. Faerlind.

Yup, I need to step things up a bit. :-/

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Elanor, I'm currently halfway through The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett as well. I've never read any of the Discworld books before and I am liking it quite a bit.

Elanor

Registered Member
Elanor, I'm currently halfway through The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett as well. I've never read any of the Discworld books before and I am liking it quite a bit.
I love the Discworld books. I am about 20 books into the series now, with quite a few to go. I have re-read most of them too. They are so imaginative and detailed. I can't recommend them enough.

I need to add Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett to my list too. I forgot about that one.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah I'm enjoying it heaps, and will most likely by the second one when I finish it. Although I've already run out of space in my bookshelf.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly.
Jefferson and Hamilton by John Ferling
The History of the Catholic Church
I'm almost done with The History of the Rennaissance World by Susan Bauer
The Armchair Economist by Steven Landsburg

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Ameritopia - Levin
LOTR - Tolkien
Inheritance Cycle - Paolini
Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson

A lot of others as well

Books currently in progress:

Atlas Shrugged
Wealth of Nations
Liberty Amendments
The Dilbert Future
A Patriot's History of the United States (you would not believe how much I have learned from this book I was never taught in school)

Books I want to read for 2014 in addition to my in progress:

Options As a Strategic Investment (this is a rather large almost textbook like book on stock options)
Walking With God - Eldridge
Excel power programming with VBA (educational book I want to spend a lot of time in)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think I'm going to set myself a goal for 2014. Finishing only 9 books in a year is fairly low for me. I'd like to see myself finish 20 or more in 2014.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have an embarrassingly short list for 2013.

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Assholes Finish First by Tucker Max
Crappy Children's Art by Maddox
Under The Dome by Stephen King

I'll also set a goal for 2014. 10 books.