• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Booker T, the announcer

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
So on Friday night Booker T joined Cole and Matthews at the announce booth and did an awesome job.

So does he remain in that role? He is also going to be a Tough Enough trainer.

My question is about Booker, yes, but what does this mean For Striker? Is it possible they are phasing out King to replace him on RAW with Striker?

Thoughts?

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think that Cole will eventually leave the Smackdown crew and remain permanent on Raw. I don't like Cole on Smackdown and I don't like him on Raw either but at least The King makes him tolerable. I just hate Cole. As for Booker T he did a decent job last night and I think Striker and Booker T would make a great announce team. Booker T will be at that table for a while I hope, and maybe have stints in the ring as well because that fool can still go.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
As awesome as Michael Cole is I do agree they don't need him on Smackdown. I think you're right and he'll be off that show pretty soon. Especially since Booker did such a nice job on the telecast.

With that said can Cole and King co-exist on RAW together? I doubt it.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well after Booker T's performance last night at the table he was a good color commentator, but he would suck doing play by play. Maybe JR will come back and the keep the trio on Smackdown intact. I don't see Booker T announcing for Raw. He is not good enough yet.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well after Booker T's performance last night at the table he was a good color commentator, but he would suck doing play by play. Maybe JR will come back and the keep the trio on Smackdown intact. I don't see Booker T announcing for Raw. He is not good enough yet.
I don't want Booker on RAW either. I'm saying Cole and King can't co-exist so RAW has Cole and Striker and Smackdown has Matthews and Booker.

Or if King stays then you can have Cole, King and Striker.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't watch the whole Smackdown show, but I did catch a few matches. I thought Booker T did a decent job to be honest with you. He's no JBL, but he held his own.

I think he's there for a while, I personally believe that Josh Matthews will eventually replace Lawler on Raw, probably some time after Wrestlemania, but I might be way off.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't watch the whole Smackdown show, but I did catch a few matches. I thought Booker T did a decent job to be honest with you. He's no JBL, but he held his own.

I think he's there for a while, I personally believe that Josh Matthews will eventually replace Lawler on Raw, probably some time after Wrestlemania, but I might be way off.
I like Matthews a lot but can you really put two play-by-play guys together in Cole and Matthews?

They were awesome on NXT together because all they did was make fun of the show the whole time but on RAW it's a different story.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I didn't get to see any of Smackdown because family was in town; however, I remember a lot of guest appearances "at the table" from Booker in both WWE and TNA, and he's always done a good job. He's not perfect, but might be perfect for color.

I'm really not sure what team combination would be the best in my eyes. I'd like it to go back to two and two, though. I also can see King being taken away from announcing if two and two does happen. Cole will stay on RAW, I'd put money on that. He's kind of the WWE's biggest announcing name right now. Cole and Booker on RAW would be great for the show in terms of big names, but Cole and Striker seems to make more sense...especially since Booker just debuted on SD. Part of me could see King staying and it being Cole, King, and Striker on RAW. Their PPV announcing could have been practice for a possible scenario like that all along. Matthews does a great job, and he and Booker would be just fine on SD.

Is Tough Enough taped or is it going to be live on WWE TV again? Just wondering how that could affect Booker's announcing.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I don't tend to watch Smackdown, there is no reason why not I just tend to only watch Raw. I eventually got round to watching Elimination Chamber last night and did enjoy the heat between Cole and Booker. I just wish they had kept Punk on commentary for a bit longer as I really liked his comments and the back and forth. For me though one of my favorite combos was JR and Paul Heyman.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Booker has become my favorite announcer in the WWE pretty quickly; not because he's a great one like JR, but because his color commentary is just hilarious. He really adds something to Smackdown.

And ginock, while I agree that Punk was the man when it came to announcing, aren't you just glad he's back in the ring?