• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Book Shoppe

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I have a [used paperbacks] Book shop in my home!
My mother is the owner of the business which is located where she lives in a proper shop, and we've now opened a branch in my own home(!) until we find it is worth while to set it up in a shop as well.
I opened the shop on February with approx. 200 books (duplicates from the main shop) in English, Hebrew & French. Books ranging from classics to current bestsellers.
The way it works is that people can discard their old books by bringing them to us and they get a percentage refund in credit notes to purchase books from us.
So far it's going slowly, I advertise in the local emailing list and it's been circulating from mouth to mouth, slowly but surely.
Only after 2 months I have over 600 books and I have 2 regular customers :D and promises from others that they'll be back.

The only negative thing about this, is that it has taken up a room in our home (the guest room) and we can't have anyone staying with us over night :(

Overall, we're really happy with the progress and hope that by this time next year it'll be a proper shop, in another location (not my spare room lol)