• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Bones of 170,000 lb dinosaur found

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Move over T-rex, see you later Stegosaurus, adios Argentinosaurus. Scientists have announced that the bones of a new, even larger dinosaur have been found.
Argentinosaurus currently holds the record for being both the heaviest land animal ever, and the longest, but the fossilized bones of the biggest dinosaur ever discovered have been found in Argentina.
Scientists believe the species of titanosaur weighed in at 170,000 pounds, as heavy as 14 African elephants.

Scientists find largest dinosaurs Titanosaur fossil | Mail Online
They have found fossilized bones of a dinosaur larger than any discovered so far. They have a picture of a man laying next to the femur and it is much larger than him. This animal was enormous, so glad they aren't around today, people would be ants under its feet.

I would love to see this after they get it put together.

dDave

V.I.P.
170,000 pounds?

The thing weighs 1000 times more than I do, that's unreal. It must have taken up an unbelievably large amount of space.

I guess I've never really thought about how much dinosaurs weighed. It's not the kind of thought that crosses your mind all the time. Brachiosaurus weighed about 120,000 pounds to put this find into perspective.

Living creatures that weigh this much were few and far between even in their prime I'm sure.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Probably wasn't a lot of them and they were probably vegetarians. Seems like most of the really big ones were.

It's really hard to grasp how big these things were. Probably left a foot print the size of a truck.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obviously Dinosaur anything is fascinating to me. The picture of the guy next to the femur bone or whatever it was, was insane. It's almost impossible to imagine.

And as scary as it woulda been to see these creatures I think the massive insects woulda freaked me out worse.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Will that be in the new Jurassic World movie next summer? I hope because I really wanna see one of those. And yeah they need to add giant Jurassic insects too maybe even prehistoric dragonflies! Cant wait to see the skeleton when they get it assembled.