• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Bones Appreciation Thread

Impact

V.I.P.
There seems to be a lot of love for Bones lately, so on Kons request, here is a thread to discuss everything Bones. I'm glad we have more interest than back here anyway. It's been one of my favourite shows for a long time.

Unfortunately i've been slacking on this new season. I only saw the first 4 or 5 episodes so I need to catch up. Thinking of rewatching from the very beginning anyway.

Oh, and spoiler usage is probably recommended.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I love you. ;)

As for Bones, I love it as well. I had avoided it for years because of Boreanaz. But, the first 5 seasons were sitting on my Netflix thing and I decided to give them a try. From the first episode I was hooked... and Boreanaz isn't such a tool in my eyes anymore. Haha.

I definitely like Brennan's character more in the later seasons, her awkwardness is cute and she's super hot. I have a hard time deciding who is hotter... Bones, Angela, Cam or Hannah. How would you rank them, Impact? Haha.

Zack was funny at first but his character wore thin after a while.
I was glad to see him get written off the show, although the way they did it was kind of dumb.

I much prefer Hodgins as the king of the lab. Ha.

I like the rotating interns thing. I like all six of them - with Wendell, Fisher & Nigel-Murray being my three favorites. They're always good for a laugh, sucks that Fisher seems to get the least amount of airtime, aside from the Arab.

What else... oh... the edition of Sweets was one of my favorite things. James Francis-Daley has been a favorite since I saw him in Kitchen Confidential.

I think that'll do for my first post. :lol:

Impact

V.I.P.
Who's the hottest from the Bones ladies? Definitely Angela for me, then Bones and Cam equal second. I don't really like blondes, so Hannah is last.

I freaking love Hodgins and Sweets. When Sweets first came along I was just like...why the fuck is he here, but I grew to love him. I can't imagine the show without him now.

As for the interns, Fisher is my easily my favourite. I wish he got more airtime

Last edited:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Sweets and Angela <3 I love those two!!!

I do love Bones a lot as well though she's stunning!

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm not big on Boreanaz myself, except he is indeed awesome on Bones. Looks less like a douche.

I won't lie, I'd pretty much sleep with every woman on the cast. Order is not important.

I LOVED the introduction of Sweets into the cast. He was the missing element - the missing expert. Of course you CAN'T DENY the awesome guest appearances by Stephen Fry.

The series really toned down on the gun gag with Brennan, but it was pretty hilarious in the first few seasons. Even part of one of my favourite scenes (see: below). What I love most about her is that she wears different necklaces in every episode. Big, unique, sexy necklaces. Well, appearance-wise. Personality-wise, it's hard to tell.

[Bones and Booth visit a suspect's home, and take on two men that Booth spots watching the building]
Booth: [covers first man with gun] FBI!
First man: [aims his gun back at Booth while the second man covers Bones] U.S. Marshals!
Booth: [puzzled] U.S. Marshals?
Bones: [holds up hands] Forensic anthropologist! That's why no gun.

Last edited:

Konshentz

Konshentz
Who's the hottest from the Bones ladies? Definitely Angela for me, then Bones and Cam equal second. I don't really like blondes, so Hannah is last.
We have the same taste in the Bones women...

I freaking love Hodgins and Sweets. When Sweets first came along I was just like...why the fuck is he here, but I grew to love him. I can't imagine the show without him now.
I'm just glad Hodgins got a haircut. Haha. I agree, even though I liked the actor playing Sweets, I wasn't sure how his character would fit in. Quite well, I must say. Ha.

As for the interns, Fisher is my easily my favourite. I wish he got more airtime
... and the Bones interns. :lol:

The series really toned down on the gun gag with Brennan, but it was pretty hilarious in the first few seasons. Even part of one of my favourite scenes (see: below). What I love most about her is that she wears different necklaces in every episode. Big, unique, sexy necklaces. Well, appearance-wise. Personality-wise, it's hard to tell.
I miss the running gag of Bones wanting a gun. Didn't I see it happen again in either this season or the last? It was definitely funny. I kind of miss it.

What do you guys wanna see happen between Bones & Booth? Get together and live happily ever after? Never get together and just continue on with the sexual tension until the series ends? Date and have it end badly?

They've put themselves in a situation... some fans will be pissed if they don't hurry up and get together, others will be pissed and leave the show if they do.

Impact

V.I.P.
I don't want them to get together permanently. I'm going to go to the House/Cuddy relationship in House. It absolutely ruined House for me when they got together, so much so that I haven't bothered watching much of the current season. So, I have feeling if Brennan and Booth get together it will be a similar thing. I wouldn't be opposed to them dating, so long as it didn't last very long.

Puck

Registered Member
I absolutely love Bones, I'm really glad it's caught on and that people are watching it more frequently!
I used to watch it with mum back when it first started and no one even knew about it or didn't like it.

Personally, I'm a huge Hodgins fan, his conspiracy theories always make for an interesting storyline. Sweets is probably my second favourite, he brought a whole other dynamic to the show and his relationship with Booth gives him abit more of a manly exterior. I also liked Zack until the whole Gormogon thing and it just got all stupid and lame.
I think my favourite intern is probably Clark, next to Fisher that is. His quips about being professional and such and not bringing personal stuff to work get me everytime. Fisher's character is just so charismatic, without trying and the element of danger and kinky brings something unique to the table of other personalities on the show.
The episode when Avatar came out and Fisher, Hodgins and Sweets all went to camp out to see it had me in stitches. Colin Moore(Fisher) promoting his own movie and getting some in a tent on the sidewalk with some hot girl was kind of fantastic.
As for Bones women it would definitely have to be Angela, Bones&Cam tied because I love them both and they're both super hot and then Daisy and then Hannah. Daisy makes me lol. And her and Sweets make me lol even more. Lancelot. <3

Puck

Registered Member
I'd rank Sweets higher than Daisy. :lol: That girl is fugly, a "butter face" for sure.
lol. Her character makes me lol, alot. I don't think people as upbeat and positive as her even exist in the real world.